Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Airlines Travel (how contact AA for unspecified complaint)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:56 am
Original Poster

How do I get American Airlines to respond to an email complaint?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:51 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by hilrogersc
How do I get American Airlines to respond to an email complaint?
Your best bet is to carpet bomb the executives, because historically people only get canned responses from bots when attempting to complain via email.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
When you file a complaint using the webform directly from the website, it gets whatever priority it gets, but at least there is no wasted time or human error when a low-level clerical files the email in the same database which the webform access (same thing happens when you email "an executive").

If you tell us the nature of the complaint, you may get some good advice on the best way to get a response. Generally, if it's more than 2-3 short declarative sentences, it becomes hard to follow and unless you are an EXP or above, you won't find much sympathy.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:41 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, hilrogersc
Please continue to follow this discussion as I move it to the AA Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

First, there are two places for complaints issues resolution, AAdvantage Customer Service and American Airlines Customer Service. Which you use is dependent on the nature of your issue. when we had an AA "lurker" here, he posted:

Reply by AmericanAirlines View Post:

Good question. American Airlines has two departments: one called (American Airlines) Customer Relations and one called AAdvantage Customer Service.

AAdvantage Customer Service is for assisting AAdvantage members with account issues (address changes, mileage posting issues, etc…) AA Customer Relations is for addressing customers past travel experiences (delays, employee issues, etc…)

Stephen @ AA
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

and / or

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

Be sure to read the Wikipost at the top of the page. These have valuable information and addresses, numbers, links to web forms, etc.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 26, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.