ARJ-21

Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

ARJ-21

Since the end of June, the first ARJ-21 in passenger service, registration B-3321, has started flying CTU-SHA-CTU a few times a week with Chengdu Airlines as flight EU6679/80.

Has any one had a chance to fly it? If so, how was it?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I personally haven't tried this plane yet, but judging from the initial reviews, it is a nice place. The seat layout is 2X3 if I recalled correctly. Right now only Y is sold and EU will put the one with F cabin in the near future.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
It was originally supposed to go off in late February when I was planning my trip to Chengdu from Shanghai. Was going to take it on the return but didn't. I've thought about it but it's a late morning flight turnaround at SHA.

Reports on the first flight had the pilots referring to the plane being noisy but with hopes to remedy it.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:30 am

The frame with first class has been delivered:
http://www.shanghaidaily.com/busines.../shdaily.shtml
Originally Posted by Shanghai Daily
The ARJ21 has 78 seats, including eight first-class seats incorporated for the first time.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was hoping to give it a try in December. Alas, Chengdu doesn't show any SHA-CTU flights for sale at this point that late into the year (and it is not all that far away from today).
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually would go out of my way to avoid flying a brand new Chinese design for several years.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sbm12
I was hoping to give it a try in December. Alas, Chengdu doesn't show any SHA-CTU flights for sale at this point that late into the year (and it is not all that far away from today).
Check again at the 45 day mark.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.