Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Water in the World?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Best Water in the World?

We all know the importance of drinking water, and what I enjoy at luxury hotels, especially resorts and country hotels, is a great bottle of water. What do you consider the best bottle of water in the world? Evian is probably my favourite. Anyone know of the cleanest/best water of the water brands? Is there a water generally known as the world's best? I also like Voss, Acqua Panna and Fiji. A funny note: I paid around 1 dollar for the same bottle of Fiji water that W St. Petersburg charge 20 dollars for!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:38 am

Not sure this thread has anything to do in the 'luxury hotels' section...
I don't like the taste of Fiji. My favorite is probably Vitel or Evian but there are so many, the best is probably to choose one which is close to your place.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:57 am
Suspended

voss ..
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Awaiting a move to Omni...
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Not much to do with luxury hotels. Can´t see a difference between Evian, Voss, Fiji or Aqua Panna. All are like tap water. Also I think it´s madness to bring WATER from Fiji to Europe/ the US. I normally take a local water.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:54 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Local water, please!! Or tap water in some countries. Just crazy to drink imported water. I almost get mad seeing water that has traveled around the world to be served somewhere.

Last edited by Musken; Jul 12, 2016 at 3:09 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
...and the mountains of plastic waste from those bottles. It makes me so sad to see that blighting landscapes and beaches. Heavy glass bottles are not much better.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:40 am

We did a water taste test in our family many years ago. Our kids swore that they disliked
Evian (likely due to the mineral content) and could pick it out from the others. They were right.
Beyond that, the other choices were much of the same, with tap water and Dasani (which
is just filtered tap water) coming in at the top. That was all it took to persuade me to stop buying it, other than for occasional use while traveling, etc. In hotels, I have never noticed a difference one from another.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:00 am

While Evian seems standard, the best hotels offer Voss. I appreciate glass bottled Reverse osmosis water during turndown by the bed - just like FS Dubai does. Hate plastic bottles, just not healthy or ecoconscious.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Most expensive seems to be Bling H2O. You can imagain what I think about it Some people like to get ripped off.....

P.S. some of the "mineral waters" has less minerals than tap water.....

@ hotels: I like the concept at Amanresorts or Six Senses who filter water on property and present it in glass carafes
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:43 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Some of our favorites worldwide incl. [some but not least] Voss, Acqua Panna, Evian, Vittel, Volvic, http://www.voeslauer.com/web/international, Fiji, Hildon, Irish waters incl. http://www.fioruisce.com/, Ballygowan, Tipperary plus Carrick Glen, a value proposition from Ireland and our newest water we tried so far as of 07/2016 while in London [bought at Harrods] was http://aquacarpatica.com/ from Romania which we found memorable, tasty and refreshing [we drink still water]. Splendid bottle design too IMHO.

Indeed, specially filtered water in glass bottles incl. so far the Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang and the Merrion Hotel in Dublin during brunch at their Cellar Bar. Overall we enjoy trying new waters during our travels and while staying at memorable hotels, equally we don't shy away to buy water in local supermarkets/shops/malls/foodhalls new [for us] water brands. ^

Cheers, Stay Hydrated & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Jul 12, 2016 at 6:02 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:47 am

I only drink tears of happiness produced by baby seals that have been massaged by Tibetan monks.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I only drink tears of happiness produced by baby seals that have been massaged by Tibetan monks.
Sounds special.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by LondonElite
...and the mountains of plastic waste from those bottles. It makes me so sad to see that blighting landscapes and beaches. Heavy glass bottles are not much better.

This. Tap water is fine with me. Honestly, Memphis, TN tap water is the best water I have ever had.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
This. Tap water is fine with me. Honestly, Memphis, TN tap water is the best water I have ever had.
This might be of interest for you...

Tap water is all that's on the menu at one US bar

A bar in the US city of Minneapolis is serving only free tap water to guests.

Aptly named Water Bar, the venue - described by its founders as a public art project - was launched to try to change how people think about water by allowing guests to sample tap water from different cities.

Water Bar is the brainchild of artists Shanai Matteson and Colin Kloecker, who wanted to encourage people to think more about sustainability, reports media company Upworthy.

The pair teamed up with various parties on the project, including scientific researchers and environmental advocates, and over the past two years, Matteson and Kloecker have organised pop-up events in Arkansas, Illinois, Minnesota, and North Carolina.

The Water Bar pop-up programme has so far served local tap waters to more than 30,000 people.
http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/26...at-one-us-bar/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.