"Sully", the movie

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Sully", the movie

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
I just watched it and enjoyed it. It was a nice change to see a happy ending for a change. Well directed, written, produced and the cast was stellar.

It's a pity it won't get a shot at an academy award.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wolf72
It's a pity it won't get a shot at an academy award.
At least with the new format where ten films get nominated for Best Picture it should get a nod at least.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Good movie--just saw it today. I agree that while Clint Eastwood is an excellent director, his political leanings were overly on display in this film. I have a hard time believing that the NTSB inspectors would be as dunderheaded and villainous as they were depicted in the film. Of course, any good story has to have conflict, so someone had to be the bad guy, but it was pretty over the top.

I also discovered that even 15 years after September 11, just seeing even fictional video of planes crashing in Manhattan makes me start crying. #NotOverIt
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:52 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Cool

Nitpick: The shots of the aircraft descending didn't appear to show a deployed APU.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by nsx
Nitpick: The shots of the aircraft descending didn't appear to show a deployed APU.
There is nothing to see to tell that the APU is running other than a small difference in the appearance of the APU air intake door.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:12 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by LarryJ
There is nothing to see to tell that the APU is running other than a small difference in the appearance of the APU air intake door.
My bad. I confused the APU with the RAT (ram air turbine).
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ran across this article: http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/0...obref=obinsite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.