Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best First Class IAD-LAX-IAD?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
may see swaps to the international 777 and/or the new reconfigured flat bed domestic 777.
as mentioned NYC has flagship F/J
technically there is also YVR-JFK with CX F

if one is paying a lot for F, and through NYC, may be worth checking jetsmarter shuttles and costs
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Travelmom777
Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. I know everyone has a different opinion but it is nice to hear them. Seems a lot of people prefer going from DCA but I'm going to need to go from IAD as it is much closer and more convenient for me at that time.

So, with Alaskan off the list, it sounds like Virgin is the best option followed by AA. I will check out what Virgin has to offer. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like any of them do a stellar service. At least it is not yet another 30 hour trip to or from Asia. Thankfully, there are still small mercies in this life.
I really like Virgin FC to IAD. I encountered a potential problem when we were in D.C. in January, 2015. We were delayed by traffic and also bracing for a major winter storm We absolutely had to get out that Sunday night. The Virgin flight was the last flight of the day and we were uncertain as to whether the airport was even going to be open the next day. We were in town for a family event. Others in our family experienced the same problems but as they were booked on UA managed to get on a later flight, although one son did lose his upgrade.We made that flight with seconds to spare.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:52 am

There aren't any nice first-class flights. If you truly mean "first-class". In Europe (and Asia) at least they don't call it first-class.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
If you are asking about onboard service and comfort, IMHO it's a no-brainer - Virgin America #1, Alaska #2.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Virgin is much better than AA & UA, so I'd go with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.