Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Exploretrip from lax to ath. 2 of us, 1 wants to not use the return?

Old May 4, 2016, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Hey there guys,

I got one of those ultra cheap trips to Athens from lax on exploretrip.com.

We are flying out on air France and connecting to Aegean to Athens. There are two of us and we are both traveling together.

On the return we are booked on Delta through JFK, which seems to be a completely different e-ticket number from the inbound/air France/Aegean flight(s). Strangely even though i booked through exploretrip.com, my credit card was charged for two separate charges of $320 for each passenger. The charges both showed up as Aegean airlines.

Anyway (!), I decided I want to stay on in Europe on my own and let my traveling companion take the originally booked return flight. If I don't show up to the airport for our return to LAX, will the whole flight be invalid? Will they deny him boarding in Athens?

If that doesn't work, then could I exit on our connection at JFK and go see some my family and allow my partner to continue on our original flight to LAX without me?

Thanks so much. Thought all the details would help to clarify my situation.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There are no consequences for you (or you travelling companion) if you decide not to show up for your return flight. Just beware that your flight will be cancelled and (if you ever decide to go home) you'll have to buy a new ticket (unless the fare rules permit you to change your flight to a later date and you do this). You could also skip out at JFK, but again the same rule as above applies.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.