Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Well, *that* worked out well....[hitting status on 3 programs]

Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

I just realized that I am sitting at 71k Delta MQMs (already hit my MQD($)), 69K IHG points, and 19 YTD Hertz rentals.

That means that when I fly from PDX to RIC next week, rent a car, and stay at a Holiday Inn Express for 4 days I will hit Delta Platinum, requalify for IHG Spire, and hit Hertz President's club all in one trip.

I am probably the only one who finds that interesting, but there you have it.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Nice trifecta.

Any chance you can incorporate a dining reward in there, too? Getting Starbucks gold on top of that?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Nice.

I'm looking forward to some intrepid FT'er chiming in with an obligatory "but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" joke!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
Nice.

I'm looking forward to some intrepid FT'er chiming in with an obligatory "but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" joke!
I'll bite:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....dnesday-night/
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:19 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
A friendly reminder:

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#threadtitles
Thread titles

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.
Thanks. /Moderator
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: QF
I have never understood the Holiday Inn joke, there aren't many of those around here.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I just realized that I am sitting at 71k Delta MQMs (already hit my MQD($)), 69K IHG points, and 19 YTD Hertz rentals.

That means that when I fly from PDX to RIC next week, rent a car, and stay at a Holiday Inn Express for 4 days I will hit Delta Platinum, requalify for IHG Spire, and hit Hertz President's club all in one trip.

I am probably the only one who finds that interesting, but there you have it.
At one point I was top-tier in 3 hotel chains (Hilton. Marriott, Choice), and plat in 2 airlines (NW,US). I thought that was pretty good, so I posted about it.

One of the first responses I got was along the lines of, "Yawn. Why is this thread-worthy?"

Don't get your hopes up.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
It's always fun when a bunch of achievements line up on the same trip. A few years ago I took a weekend trip wherein I requalified for Southwest A+ on the flight, stayed one night at Holiday Inn to finish off a challenge worth about 20k points, and stayed one night at a Marriott to cinch a 20k Megabonus. Even better, I got upgrade to suites at both hotels-- including an astonishing, 2-storey penthouse spread at the Marriott.

As Hannibal Smith (George Peppard) in The A-Team was fond of saying, "I love it when a plan comes together!"
Old May 2, 2016, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CitizenWorld
I have never understood the Holiday Inn joke, there aren't many of those around here.
They ran a series of TV ads in the U.S. that became quite popular. Probably on Youtube. The punchline was always "No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night" (answering a question such as "Are you a nuclear physicist?").

Re: the OP...I had one year where I did a trip somewhat inspired by the fact that it qualified me for UA 1K and SPG Plat. (Didn't bother with the rental car end of things...)
Old May 2, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by pinniped
They ran a series of TV ads in the U.S. that became quite popular. Probably on Youtube. The punchline was always "No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night" (answering a question such as "Are you a nuclear physicist?").
Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.