Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Are you traveling on the flights for fun, or are they available between places you need to travel anyway?
Mostly for fun.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by oenophilist
Yes.
Yeah and my ID to match the credit card. The pilot also checked our ID before the flight.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
I am curious to know the routes that they fly! But I think you can only see the routes if you are a member. Can anyone check to see if they have any service out of ATL or BHM or nearby airports?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
You should be able to see without a membership.

Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
I am curious to know the routes that they fly! But I think you can only see the routes if you are a member. Can anyone check to see if they have any service out of ATL or BHM or nearby airports?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

No shuttle service out of those airports. East coast tends to focus on NY and Florida. They do have occasional empty legs everywhere.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I've only used the shuttles so far.

I've only used the shuttles so far.

LA-SFO King Air 350 (prop) diverted to OAK due to visibility and airport congestion, Uber was provided to SFO.

SFO-LA King Air 350 (prop)

HPN-VNY Gulfstream IV (12 seats) with Heli transport to Manhattan from White Plains (HPN)

VNY-HPN Bombardier Challenger 300 (8 seats, beautiful aircraft) diverted to Teterboro due to freezing rain at HPN. Ground transfer provided to 30th Street Heliport in Manhattan.

I'll be taking my 3rd cross country flight on March 6th from White Plains (HPN) to Van Nuys (VNY) on a Gulfstream IV with Heli transport from Manhattan to White Plains.

I love it.

If you have the flexibility to pair a cross country shuttle leg with a one-way return on JetBlue Mint (which is amazing, by the way, for domestic business class and the price is cheap, as low as $599) you really can't beat the convenience and the experience. I'm not one who likes to "roll the dice" with respect to getting back home when I want to, and since you can't book the return cross-country flight until you're taken the first flight, it would be too stressful for me to count on it.

Here's how it works. You're allowed 2 flight segments to book at a time, but, the cross country flights count as 2 segments, so you get one cross country flight at a time, period. For the Los Angeles to San Francisco flights each leg counts as 1, so you can book a Friday flight to San Francisco and a Sunday return at the same time.

For my Dad's 90th birthday I'm picking him up in Sacramento and flying JetBlue to JFK.. after a few days we'll go to the heliport and fly to White Plains and take a Gulfstream IV to Oakland, CA. Then we'll take the train to his home town. He knows we are going to New York, but has no clue we'll fly private back. Surprise Dad! I'm using my membership for my ride, I've paid for his "ticket".

Steve

Last edited by backdoc; Feb 28, 2016 at 11:02 am
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:00 am

Twice/month.

Was doing Virgin America 1st, for the last 2 years DeltaOne.

Now its 3 times/month mixing JetBlue Mint or DeltaOne One-ways.

Steve

Originally Posted by gooseman13
Steve, how often were you traveling back and forth before Jetsmarter? Coach or first class?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:15 am

Here are their routes.

Last edited by backdoc; Feb 28, 2016 at 11:32 am
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
So from this thread I gather the initiation fee is $3000 and then there's a $9000 membership fee which is presumably payable annually.

How many flights are you allowed to take in a year? If your schedule is flexible and you can find free flights (and don't mind being confirmed only 5h prior to flight), can you just keep taking these free flights? Otherwise it seems that some flights will cost you a few thousand (or tens of thousands if you book your own charter). I take it these fees are on top of the $9000 membership fee. i.e. $9000 covers (unlimited?) free flights and anything extra is, well, extra.

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:31 am

For the open leg deals, you can book as many as you want. If you are retired and have no kids/dogs, you can technically fly everywhere and just sleep at different hotels.

The shuttle you can fly as many as you want, subject to availability. You can only have 1 or 2 open reservation at a time.

I would definitely consider a membership for less money with free open leg trips. I had to fly back on SW today. The flight itself wasn't too bad, but the process was horrible. I miss having a worker waiting for me at the tarmac. I am spoiled!!!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

JetSmarter just announced JetShuttle in Europe:

BUSINESS ROUTES

STARTING MARCH 22ND

LONDON — PARIS — LONDON
LONDON — GENEVA — LONDON

WEEKEND TRIPS

STARTING APRIL 29TH

LONDON — NICE
PARIS — NICE
MOSCOW — NICE

On a variety of planes, Citation CJ3, Legacy 650, Falcon 2000, etc.

The only downside on the London flights is that they are out of Luton, which is further from the city than the other airports. Would have much preferred London City.

Last edited by oenophilist; Mar 1, 2016 at 5:19 am
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:30 am

^

Originally Posted by oenophilist
JetSmarter just announced JetShuttle in Europe:

BUSINESS ROUTES

STARTING MARCH 22ND

LONDON — PARIS — LONDON
LONDON — GENEVA — LONDON

WEEKEND TRIPS

STARTING APRIL 29TH

LONDON — NICE
PARIS — NICE
MOSCOW — NICE

On a variety of planes, Citation CJ3, Legacy 650, Falcon 2000, etc.

The only downside on the London flights is that they are out of Luton, which is further from the city than the other airports. Would have much preferred London City.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Nice, so this is definitely a real value for you. Thanks for posting how the shuttle reservations work as well.

Originally Posted by backdoc
Twice/month.

Was doing Virgin America 1st, for the last 2 years DeltaOne.

Now its 3 times/month mixing JetBlue Mint or DeltaOne One-ways.

Steve
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:59 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'd say using celebrities flying on upcoming shuttle flights as marketing material in emails is decidedly not part of the private jet experience. Or perhaps Jamie Foxx just isn't that famous anymore.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so $9K for free empty legs

what is pricing for shuttle?

do any of the other (pilot/etc) forums discuss safety/maintenance/operations of jetsmarter and similar businesses [brokers] ?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 1, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.