Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airport hotel breakfast starts at 6:30am: too late?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

I am staying at the BOS Embassy Suites. It's on the airport property, but a shuttle ride from the terminals.

I am surprised to find out that the complimentary breakfast doesn't start until 6:30am. To be fair, their website does say it, but I didn't think to check.

This strikes me as a rather late start for an airport hotel. Only people flying after 8am could comfortably have breakfast. There are dozens of flights before 8am at BOS.

Not the biggest problem, or a major complaint, but I'm curious what others think.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: none
You're probably not going to get them to change the time, so all you can really do is vote with your feet. Either accept the breakfast time they offer, or choose somewhere else based on that same fact.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life

Most hotels I have stayed at near airports start breakfast at that time, it seems to be the norm. Ordering room service is always an option.

Last edited by mike2200; Mar 6, 2016 at 11:50 am
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:37 pm

I just cancelled two reservations at the Doubletree San Francisco Airport North. Breakfast starts at 7:00AM, and he shuttle runs only every 35 minutes, 20 minutes to the airport. For any flight before 9:00AM, forget it.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As others say, either stay somewhere else which starts an earlier free breakfast, find a place with 24-hour room service or wait until you are at the airport to eat. The property isn't going to change.

To be fair, 6-6:30 is pretty much the norm.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Too late.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:17 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
It may matter if the complimentary breakfast is buffet style that can be gotten and eaten quickly, or if it is the usual sit-down restaurant style where you have to order and wait for the food. Obviously, some flights may be early enough relative to the breakfast that even buffet style will not be early enough.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some hotels will supply a grab bag for those who leave too early for breakfast. Others set up at least coffee and pastries in the lobby very early. I've also stayed in places that offer to serve a cold breakfast through room service the previous evening.

If breakfast isn't included, simply eat at the airport.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
OP, I agree with you 100%. Many times I'll book an airport hotel specifically because I have an early flight, and often I'll have to forego the hotel breakfast because it starts too late. Often, if I could make a 6:30am breakfast, then I wouldn't need to have booked an airport hotel in the first place!

Hotels that market themselves as airport hotels should, in addition to an airport shuttle, make some facility for an early breakfast. If they don't wish to start serving at 5am, then they should make some grab-and-go breakfast available. Not that I'm holding my breath, but this is just IMHO.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I am more annoyed with airport hotels that start the shuttle too late for the early bank of flights.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I left my hotel at 5:30am yesterday and they had a load of bags containing a piece of fruit, drink, muffin and cereal bar on the check in desk.
Think they start breakfast at 6:30-7:00am.

This is why 95% of the time, I eat something in the lounge. There are so few hotels that cater to early travellers.
That said, I've seen the odd hotel that have flight crews staying there that do seem to start a bit earlier.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It sounds like you're making some general observation. Ok, so it starts at 630am, but honestly, a free meal at an airport Embassy Suites is not exactly Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by LondonElite
a free meal at an airport Embassy Suites is not exactly Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Hold on a minute. No food, but you can look though the window makes it a lot like breakfast at Tiffany's.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:12 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Yes too late. Airport hotel breakfast suitable to start at 5am.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I am more annoyed with airport hotels that start the shuttle too late for the early bank of flights.
This annoys me (a little) too, but I've had pretty good luck at arranging earlier (e.g 445 instead of 5) shuttles prior to booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.