Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What do most hotels do when guests have urinated in the pools?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do most hotels do when guests have urinated in the pools?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If a hotel "knows who you are" they will likely deposit token goodwill points whether or not you were in the pool at the time it occurred, or even knew of the incident. The shinier your membership card, the more token goodwill points.

If you aren't a card-carrying member of the hotel's DYKWIA membership program, you'll get bupkis ... unless, of course, you throw a tantrum at the front desk. Then you'll get a voucher for the buffet breakfast, where no one has ever sneezed on the food or grabbed the tongs or spoons with fingers they've just licked, or used to wipe without washing before filling up that third plate.
^

Brilliant!!!

All future stays of mine at hotels with pools will involve me complaining at the front desk that a baby peed in the pool and a demand for compensation.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
My first thought when reading this thread was ... how would you know when someone pees in the pool? I'd always simply taken it as a given that any public pool would most certainly have a certain %'age of piss water in it ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.