Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What do most hotels do when guests have urinated in the pools?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy
Right now, there are people smiling because they don't give a .... about peeing in a public pool and will continue to do so out of some kind of sick selfish mindset.

I've had people I know defend peeing in the pool before.
Actually I'm snickering at anybody being stupid enough to drain a pool over baby pee.

And, FWIW I've heard more than one swim coach tell kids to pee in the pool rather thank taking time out of practice to go to the toilet.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
I can't believe that anybody would ever pee in a pool, that's just unthinkable.

Of course the pool should be drained and the entire complex closed down to permit the local authorities to investigate.

Thank heavens that high schools still encourage certain types to become hall monitors, there's obviously a special place in society for those people when they're let loose in society.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:06 pm
Suspended

While completely gross, i'd rather be in a pool where someone urinated than a pool where someone defecated.

Then again when you come to think of it, pools are like one giant bathtub (with lots of chlorine of course) where the water touches every part of everyone's body.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:17 am

Volume of urine excreted per day: 1 to 2 L. (Lets assume 1, because you're not saving it all up, even then that's on the extremely high side).
Volume of water in a 50m Olympic swimming pool: 2500000L (Lets assume 500000L, saying it's 1/5th the size).

If you believe that after some circulation, that little urine in that much water is going to do anything at all, you probably should start looking into homeopathy as well.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I've peed when I was in the ocean too.

Chris
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....

there is only one solution. demolish the property. it is forever tainted and no one will rest knowing a baby urinated in the pool. immediately and permanently close the offending property and then incinerate everything that may have had contact with the sterile urine
seriously though I am amazed this is a thread
people pee in pools every day. as long as they have chlorine or bromine no concerns
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO

Chris
Well that's swimming in the ocean ruined now, thank you, you have ruined the ocean for everyone
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Don't most hotel pools close every evening to allow them to treat the water ready for the next day?

Every hotel I've stayed in has had a pool that reeks of chlorine (especially indoor ones), so that is far more likely to cause you harm than pee is.

The OPs friend had a massive over reaction to the baby peeing in his pool - all he needed to do was treat the water - absolutely no need to drain it!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by weltfrieden
(yes, we saw
the water getting "yellow" around them).
I find this really difficult to fathom.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO

Chris
Well thanks a bunch. How the heck are we going to drain that?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: SPG, Rapid Rewards, HHonors.
I generally assume that somebody is peeing in the pool every time I step foot in one. Especially if I'm at an all inclusive resort where the drinks are flowing.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by backprop
I was thinking the same thing. The kid must not have been drinking much water recently. Or, more likely, the kids were talking and laughing about it so the OP could here.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:46 am

I think you can safely assume that every baby in the pool is peeing in the pool. And a lot of the non-babies. We spent an entire day at the Four Seasons Las Vegas pool once and there were 3 middle-aged women there. They were perched along the pool edge in the water, reading Fifty Shades of Grey, and the waiters were bringing them bucket after bucket of bottled beers. They NEVER left the pool. At least 8 hours and 8 beers each.

Pretty much every Disney World pool gets closed for 30 minutes multiple times a day for kids either pooping or puking in the pool. Good times.

Our resort pool in Key Biscayne was closed down once because an iguana jumped in and swam the entire length of the pool trailing poo behind it...
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Nothing ... Urine is virtually sterile when it leaves your body. I'd worry more about fecal matter. That is the bigger problem.

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gor...n-you-pee-pool
This. Definitely this. And I'll bet someone pees in a hotel pool just about every single day it's in operation.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by backprop
It can be done if the pool is deep enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.