Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best International Business Class - Vote!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best International Business Class - Vote!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i agree. the klm airbus seats were great. the 777 seats not so good. ana 77w seats were great. ua 777 and 747 ok. lh 777 (the new one.) were ok.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
Originally Posted by Badenoch
The time frame is very important.

Even a year can make a difference.
This.

SQ currently operates 5 different J seats, 4 of which fly long haul. The latest long haul product is only on 10 aircraft in a fleet of 105 wide bodies. The new products are only on a handful of routes. The latest seat is hardly indicative of the experience the majority of J pax will fly.

By the end of next year there will only be 2-3 products and the current long haul seat will be on a bunch of A350s and all 27 77Ws.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SIA747Megatop
This.

SQ currently operates 5 different J seats, 4 of which fly long haul. The latest long haul product is only on 10 aircraft in a fleet of 105 wide bodies. The new products are only on a handful of routes. The latest seat is hardly indicative of the experience the majority of J pax will fly.

By the end of next year there will only be 2-3 products and the current long haul seat will be on a bunch of A350s and all 27 77Ws.
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific - I wanted to get an opinion on the best product that each airline currently offers in J/C, not the subpar (i.e. old) products that remain on some aircraft.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by kthpence
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific - I wanted to get an opinion on the best product that each airline currently offers in J/C, not the subpar (i.e. old) products that remain on some aircraft.
Old seat on 95 out of 105 aircraft is not "on some", it's the vast, vast majority.
Just confess that you wanted to brag that you flew C on sooooo many airlines and everyone will be happy:
Originally Posted by SIA747Megatop
..The latest long haul product is only on 10 aircraft in a fleet of 105 wide bodies..
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by slawecki
lh 777 (the new one.) were ok.
???

LH does not operate any passenger 777s....
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
???

The empty set matches any condition. So LH's 777 seats are great.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Good point!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If this thread was a horse, we'd need to shoot it at this point.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
???

guess it was a 747-8
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:09 pm

I have flown Qatar business class twice recently - last time in May/June 2015, and Philippine Air. Huge difference. Flew Air France business class from LAX to CDG about 5 years ago, pretty disappointed.

Loved Qatar. You couldn't ask for better service. Everything was fantastic, didn't want to get off the plane it was so nice. Philippine was a dialed down version. But o.k.

If you go to Skytrax and look up the review on each airline you have listed, you will see recent reviews for each airline. That will give you better information.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hot2trot
I have flown Qatar business class twice recently - last time in May/June 2015, and Philippine Air. Huge difference. Flew Air France business class from LAX to CDG about 5 years ago, pretty disappointed.

Loved Qatar. You couldn't ask for better service. Everything was fantastic, didn't want to get off the plane it was so nice. Philippine was a dialed down version. But o.k.

If you go to Skytrax and look up the review on each airline you have listed, you will see recent reviews for each airline. That will give you better information.
Good point about Skytrax. In spite of the fact that we have a negative opinion about Skytrax here, most of the individual reviews are from real people.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by moondog
Good point about Skytrax. In spite of the fact that we have a negative opinion about Skytrax here, most of the individual reviews are from real people.
Giving the horse the kiss of life, eh moondog???
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Have to agree with roberino - you just resuscitated the rotting horse.

Skytrax has a bad reputation here because many of its ratings are indecipherable. Why people who fly a 3-3-3 787 or a 3-4-3 777 and still give the airline a great rating. Why DL and AA would not score much higher than UA ... the ratings make no sense, neither from the frequent flyer perspective nor from the clueless masses.

Add to this all the wrong numbers regarding seat pitch and equipment and you have a pretty good "waste of time" experience when visiting airlinequality.com .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.