Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Opposite of park/sleep/fly - park/fly/sleep ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

I have an evening flight leaving an airport a few hours away from my home.

I then return to that airport again very late in the evening.

Is there such a thing as parking the car at a hotel, taking a shuttle to the airport, and then on the return trip staying 1 night at the hotel, and then leaving the following morning?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:49 pm

Might want to call the hotel and ask them.

Depending on the duration of your trip I don't think it would be a problem but I wouldn't do it without the hotel knowing your car will be there for a few days / nights.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
I have an evening flight leaving an airport a few hours away from my home.

I then return to that airport again very late in the evening.

Is there such a thing as parking the car at a hotel, taking a shuttle to the airport, and then on the return trip staying 1 night at the hotel, and then leaving the following morning?
Yes on a park-fly-stay you can book the stay part on either end of your trip
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:22 am

I do this at some SFO hotels. Not all of them seem to be "with the program" (i.e., they require stay before park.)
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:26 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Why don't you just call the hotel to ask, rather than post a generic question?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Sure...I've done it within the length of time that was in their normal Park & Fly rates. I just told the front desk what I was doing. Whatever their process is...giving you a card to put in the dashboard, or just logging your license in their system, or...nothing at all (yes I've been places that do nothing)...doing the "park" part first generally isn't a problem at all.

Always places where the car just sits in an open lot. For hotels with secured indoor parking, you might want to call first, but I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

The MCI Airport Marriott occasionally has 14-day Park & Fly rates for under $100/nt. It's a basically a free elite-qualifying night if you need it...and it's actually a fairly decent airport hotel with full buffet for Golds/Plats. The nearby 4-points sometimes has a 7-night Park & Fly for around $60...I've used that one during SPG promo periods without staying in the room.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

but call ahead of time.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I do it all e time, but some hotel front desk people call it "reverse park and fly".
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
I tried getting this figured out in chicago. I called the hotels directly that offer it. no one seemed to understand what i was asking. After doing some homework figured out it was cheaper to park in economy at ohare and priceline a hotel based on their park.sleep.fly fares.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:56 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Sometimes they require prepayment of the room if you park and fly before staying. Some people have tried to take advantage of it then leave after returning from the flight and not stay at the hotel.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fti
Sometimes they require prepayment of the room if you park and fly before staying. Some people have tried to take advantage of it then leave after returning from the flight and not stay at the hotel.
I've had hotels tell me that the rate/reservation become nonrefundable once you have parked there. This could be an issue if a flight delay/cancellation creates a trip in vain or if you are forced to reschedule the return flight. Assuming that you have used a credit card to guarantee the reservation, I don't understand how one could just drive away, thereby parking for free, especially if you call to use the hotel shuttle from the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.