Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Will I have enough time for this connecting flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:42 am
Original Poster

I just realized that I only have approx 1 hour and 40 min between my flight from Toronto to Montreal to Miami.

It's offered on the website for AC so I guess it's doable but just curious as to what I need to do...i.e. will I need to collect my bags and then recheck in since it's from Montreal to Miami or will my bags go all the way through?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
It depends

Are you flying the same airline (AC) all the way to Miami? If the airline allows you to book it, then it's feasible. If different airlines are booked I would check Montreal's connection times. Also AC travels direct to Miami from Toronto, as does other airlines to FLL, just a 30 minute trip to MIA after arrival.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
1h40m doesn't seem like an issue to me, even with U.S. preclearance, unless there's some particular problem with YUL.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:02 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by xcell
I just realized that I only have approx 1 hour and 40 min between my flight from Toronto to Montreal to Miami.

It's offered on the website for AC so I guess it's doable but just curious as to what I need to do...i.e. will I need to collect my bags and then recheck in since it's from Montreal to Miami or will my bags go all the way through?
Please continue to follow this thread in the Air Canada Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: Elite 50K
If it's all AC then 1 hour and 40 minutes is plenty. Your bags are checked all the way through you only have to verify them on screen at US customs. The only real pain with US customs in Montreal is the loooong walk. YYZ flights aren't as bad as YHZ flights. Gate 12 is probably the furthest away as is physically possible and we have done that connection in 30 minutes after a delayed flight. Had to wait for luggage to catch up to us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.