Reload this Page >

FF's: Do you have amateur moments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FF's: Do you have amateur moments?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:39 pm

You would always get a stamp from Jordan when entering or leaving. If you crossed at Araba you could get a visa at the crossing but you would still be stamped entering Jordan and if you returned by both sides. But just the Jordanian stamp is enough for the countries where it's a problem since they know where the border crossing leads (though there are a lot fewer of those than people imagine)
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Took the wrong bag at SIN. It was identical to mine. Didn't realise until I opened it at the hotel. Luckily was able to retrieve mine from the airport and didn't meet the irate "swappee".
Happened to me in SEZ on a 36 hours professional trip (yeah I know, good ol' days ) with my boss. I also realised it once I had reached the hotel. Was so relieved that the "swappee" ( I like this term, I'll reuse it) had noticed it and not left for one of the hundreds islands with my bag...

In FCO last month, my flight was showing "delayed" on the screens, so I moved to another gate to recharge my phone and then saw that the flight was now supposed to be at "22:15". 22:15 approached and no boarding was called nor announced on the screen, so I kept charging my phone.... At 22:30 my phone was charged enough and no boarding announced on the screens. So I decided to go to the gate to ask why the boarding had not started... only to realise once at the gate that the boarding had started, finished and that they were actually about to close the doors. Every GA and FA gave me "that look" .
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Air Houston
I leave a bottled of water in my computer bag at least once a month.
So do I. And the TSA finds them almost half the time.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Coming off NRT-ORD tired and jetlagged and boarding ORD-DEN on AA I had a boarding pass for 4A and sat in the fourth row of F without looking at seat numbers.

Row 4 is the second row on the 738...

At least the guy with 6A was understanding!

Last edited by txflyer77; Sep 29, 2015 at 7:45 am
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Why is it so hard to be prepared to go through security, especially when you do it very regularly and know exactly what to expect when you get there? I don't get that and never will.
I have to say, at least when folks are flying domestically in their home countries, I agree. There's really no excuse for not being prepared, unless you really are a total noob.

That said, I will admit to sitting in the wrong seat (9D rather than 9C) on a recent flight. The woman who had 9D asked if I made a mistake. I said I had, but she said she did not care. Actually, karma got me, as I had a toddler kicking the back of my seat for chunks of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.