The weirdest message you've ever heard on a plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The weirdest message you've ever heard on a plane

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
On a UX flight to LMT which, at that time, had one flight in (SFO-LMT) every night & one flight out (LMT-SFO) every morning:

"If this is your final destination, your checked bags can be claimed at the baggage carrousel in the terminal. If you are connecting to another flight, ... well, you've got a lousy travel agent."
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: WN
Courtesy of VX:

"It looks like your departure will be delayed by about an hour, so... enjoy the airport!"
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:30 pm

I've heard them say something like "we will be landing in Dallas in 10 minutes" when we were on our way to Florida.

I guess flight attendants and pilots are so used to being all over the place that they can sometimes forget where they are.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board. Today we are flying on a brand new Boeing 737-900. Delta has ordered 100 of these planes; they are the airplanes of the future. Apparently in the future, the restrooms are very small. We apologize."

She wasn't kidding.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by javabytes
"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board. Today we are flying on a brand new Boeing 737-900. Delta has ordered 100 of these planes; they are the airplanes of the future. Apparently in the future, the restrooms are very small. We apologize."

She wasn't kidding.
That's funny.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by heathriel
When I was an FA I was no doubt responsible for some of those crazy messages - I would routinely sing my announcements as well (and no, I wasn't on Southwest ).

One that always got quite the chuckle was, while taxiing to the gate:

"We love you, you love us,
we are faster than the bus -
If you liked our brand of hospitality
Marry one of us and fly for free!"
Southwest FAs have been doing that one for decades.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:02 pm

The two minute prayer that is played over the PA system before each flight on Royal Brunei was "weird" as in new to me.

The reminder during boarding that sexual harassment will not be tolerated on OZ flights makes me chuckle every time. And I wonder where it comes from.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Bastien003
Just flew Copenhagen to Doha with QR.
Whilst on board we have been told that "because of a passenger highly allergic to nuts, we will ask other passengers not to eat any nuts on the aircraft"

What is the weirdest message you ever heard?
Had a similar issue on an EK (J class) trip from Manchester to Dubai. It seems that the child behind me was allergic to nuts, so they refused me mine with my first round of drinks. No problem, I just went back to the A380 bar ad had some there, making sure that I washed my hands before returning, to reduce the risk of contamination of the seating area.

EXCEPT that the "child" was a lad of about 17 and his family, say all around him were now tucking into Biryanis which of course were heavily loaded with NUTS.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by javabytes

She wasn't kidding.
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
That's funny.
sadly, on these jets the future is apparently now ... the lavs are indeed small; there are more than a few stories and comments on the DL 739 interior thread
:-/
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I'm curious if anyone has any Airplane references from FAs. I vaguely recall an FA once starting a routine with "Surely/Shirley," but this would have been years ago when I was a kid.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:32 am

We stopped short of the gate at IAH. Of course, people started jumping up and opening the overhead bins. The FA told them to sit back down. Several did not. The captain comes on the PA system:
"Folks we are not at the boarding bridge yet. The cockpit seatbelt detector indicates there are 13 seat belts not fastened. We cannot proceed to the gate until all seatbelt lights are extinguished."
Everybody sat down and clicked in.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:56 pm

One of my co-workers had a flight a couple years ago where after everyone boarded and they were getting ready to close the door the lead FA got on the PA and asked everyone to please check the seat back pouch and see if there was a barf bag in it because "apparently it was a rough ride in because most of them were used on the previous flight."

Thankfully she said there wasn't any smell of puke on the plane.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:26 pm

On B6 awhile back:

"We have arrived 15 minutes early...sorry. We'll give you credit for a future delay."
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
On Air Canada for the French speakers: Notre sécurité est votre priorité
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Sky Miles, Air Tran A+
I was flying to Denver, and there was a bit of a storm. We were going over some picturesque areas, and the pilot was playing tour guide and explaining what we could see on the ground, when suddenly, there was a bit of a bump, and the pilot said, "Oops," and shut off the intercom very quickly.

Last edited by ladytraveler; Jul 26, 2015 at 1:08 pm Reason: to correct wording

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.