The weirdest message you've ever heard on a plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The weirdest message you've ever heard on a plane

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Southwest safety announcement leaving LAX to ORD included such gems as

"If the cabin loses pressure then we are in big BIG trouble, but don't worry as happy masks will appear in front of you. Put them on as best you can while we dive. Tighten the elastic bands until you look FABULOUS and then breath like crazy" and "In the event of a water landing then we've really screwed up"
Old Jul 19, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
"In the event of a water landing then we've really screwed up"
Have also heard this one on WN between Houston and Las Vegas, with the flight attendant also noting that it was a sign we were also really off course because there just wasn't really any water to land on between the two cities.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: QF
Virgin LHR to HKG

"Welcome aboard this Virgin Atlantic flight .... on our Boeing 777..."

We were in an Airbus A340.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CitizenWorld
Virgin LHR to HKG

"Welcome aboard this Virgin Atlantic flight .... on our Boeing 777..."

We were in an Airbus A340.
This happens quite often actually. (at least for me). Wrong aircraft type.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Have also heard this one on WN between Houston and Las Vegas, with the flight attendant also noting that it was a sign we were also really off course because there just wasn't really any water to land on between the two cities.
Uh, I'm fairly certain there are some bodies of water between those cities. Lake Mead at a minimum.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I hear that joke a lot on WN.

"In the unlikely event of a water landing between Oklahoma and Denver..."
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Uh, I'm fairly certain there are some bodies of water between those cities. Lake Mead at a minimum.
Ooo, I'd be immensely annoyed if the pilot managed to hit a puddle between somewhere like Texas and Denver. If they're crashing they shouldn't have enough spare attention to aim for a puddle.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
This happens quite often actually. (at least for me). Wrong aircraft type.
Did they then do the wrong safety demonstration looking very confused pointing at doors that didn't exist?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: LH
PHX-YUM flight:

"In case we need to land in somebody's pool, you can use the seat cushion as floatation device."

LAX-SAN flight:

"We will soon reach our cruising altitude, where you will be able to use your electronic devices for a while, before I ask you to turn them off again."

10 seconds later:

"It now safe to use your electronic devices"

followed by 5 seconds later with:

"We have just started our descend, please turn off all electronic devices..."
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CitizenWorld
Did they then do the wrong safety demonstration looking very confused pointing at doors that didn't exist?
Oh yes!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:55 am

On a Delta flight, the captain announced that we had a special passenger on board with us, and that passenger was a kangaroo. This was from ATL-SYR.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
Heard the captain say this one a while back when many US airlines were in Chapter 11 at the same time: "Folks, we know you have many bankrupt airlines to choose from so thank you for choosing Delta". Got a good laugh from the passengers.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
On a AIR flight from NPL to AKL.

"In case of an emergency in-flight, I'll be out the door with my own parachute. Sorry to the rest of you folks, but it's the usual safety spiel for you."
Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by DrMaturin
Heard the captain say this one a while back when many US airlines were in Chapter 11 at the same time: "Folks, we know you have many bankrupt airlines to choose from so thank you for choosing Delta". Got a good laugh from the passengers.
One of my favorites! HAHA!! (One of the few on this list I've actually heard before, either 1st or 2nd hand)
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Biscoff Medallion, A-Hole Preferred
"This LAX based flight crew thanks you for flying Delta; we hope you've enjoyed giving us the business as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride." I was on OKC-MSP-LAX-KOA with the $70 error fare from December 2013 and indeed highly enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by heathriel
"We love you, you love us,
we are faster than the bus -
If you liked our brand of hospitality
Marry one of us and fly for free!"
Speaking of buses, a few months ago I took my first Greyhound in flyover country (I specify because buses on the coasts seem to be unknown to the kind of characters that you see at the bus stations in, say, Little Rock or Oklahoma City). The pre-departure announcement included a warning that "physical violence or selling drugs on board a Greyhound bus is a federal offense and we will have the police waiting for you when we arrive." I'm waiting for the time a flight crew feels compelled to mention that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.