Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Flight Booking and Ticket Purchase for Third Party

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.

I understand it is much harder, if not impossible now to purchase an online ticket for third parties unless you yourself are one of the travellers.

What is the procedures if anyone knows to buy a ticket for a third party to Travel from Manchester to Kuala Lumpur on Emirates or BA online via the airlines website or is it just safer/better for the individual to buy his ticket in the UK directly?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is trivial to buy a ticket for someone else to fly, though some airlines in some countries have anti-fraud policies which may require the CC-holder to be present at check-in. You would need to specifically check with the airlines in question to determine the policies.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:07 am

Usualy only tickets bought directly with the airline on its website or through the phone are susceptible to CC check at checkin. If you buy it from third party online travel agents, you should be fine. The airline doesn't really care about the OTA not being paid in the latter case. In the former, as said depending on local market fraud rate they might.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Silver

No direct experience of EK but as recently as April this year I bought tickets online on BA's website for relatives to travel LAX-LHR. Both purchase and travel were totally unproblematic. What's your information source that makes you think otherwise?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
It is trivial to buy a ticket for someone else to fly, though some airlines in some countries have anti-fraud policies which may require the CC-holder to be present at check-in. You would need to specifically check with the airlines in question to determine the policies.
This, but my understanding with EK is that it is really the credit card they want to see and not the cardholder. I know that it also depends on which country you are departing from. For example ex. U.S.A. they don't check but ex. France they do want to see the actual credit card that was used for booking. I agree that calling the specific airline to understand their specific policies would be prudent.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Hi all,

I just read the terms and conditions of EK on their website and it states the credit card holder must be travelling...and that is what spooked me.

Usually, a photocopy of the credit card should be sufficient but this got me worried..

Alternatively, might consider using Royal Brunei Airlines..they have an office nearby and they do a reasonably priced ticket from London to Brunei with 1 stop...

If I purchase the tickets at their office, hopefully there won't be issues then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.