Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The problem with airline food

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

The problem with airline food

They were trying to warn us all along...

Old May 2, 2015, 9:32 am

most carriers are now down to serving pasta or chicken to everyone.....even the special meals are not special anymore, same old tasteless pasta
Old May 2, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by djibouti

Pretty funny!
Old May 5, 2015, 9:43 am

It's not uncommon for airline catering companies to dedicate trucks to stripping galleys only, and upload only. This, is just one of them.

But, funny post! lol
Old May 5, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: DL-Pyrite Medallion
I've always been puzzled by the this: The quality of airline food has been a running gag for comedians for years and the average passenger won't hesitate to relate a personal story of how disgusting it is......but skip to the actual airport and you should see the rolling of eyes, whining and complaining when that same passenger is told that there will be no meal service on their flight.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Down3Green
I've always been puzzled by the this: The quality of airline food has been a running gag for comedians for years and the average passenger won't hesitate to relate a personal story of how disgusting it is......but skip to the actual airport and you should see the rolling of eyes, whining and complaining when that same passenger is told that there will be no meal service on their flight.
This is so true! Human beings - arent' we a weird lot?
Old May 5, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
We all know that problem is. They want to charge you $20,000 for an INTL First Class ticket and then spend $1.37 on dinner.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium

LOL - good one haha
Old May 6, 2015, 2:10 pm

Some airlines manage better than others

There must be something to the idea that you get what you pay for because there is a wide variety in the quality of the food you get on board and even at the airports. The best solution when possible is to bring your own food. Then you know it's clean and safe to eat.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:33 am
HMO

Very funny indeed ^
Old May 7, 2015, 12:51 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
While the OP (and picture) is intended to be "humorous", unfortunately, some of the "stuff" I've eaten (even in BC), would make me wonder what its source was.

Last edited by nrr; May 7, 2015 at 1:25 pm
Old May 7, 2015, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Down3Green
This reminds me of an anecdote. An acquaintance of mine was really trashing the food in some local restaurant, and the net content of her review was this:

"The food was HORRIBLE, and they would not give us seconds".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.