Wiki Posts
Search

Middle seats front bulkhead - other passengers barging through

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Really does my head in.

We often fly and get middle row bulkhead seats (because we have an infant). Not a huge amount of legroom because of the bulkhead but its still better. No person in front to annoy with baby grabbing the seat.

The number of people who see this as a route from one aisle to another is unbelievable. You see them and they're looking and suddenly they'll dive across you. Trampling on any bags on the floor, tripping over feet etc.

You wouldnt dream of attempting to walk along a row of seats half way back with passengers in so what makes you think I want some to push their way in front of my face now.

Its got the point now where we sometimes pile a bag up by our feet to block it off. Still had someone last flight who steamed across the first two of us- saw the bag tower by person three and asked us to move it so they could get past!

Am I right in thinking its a bit rude to use this as throughway?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Originally Posted by psychocandy
Yes.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by rbwpi
Quote:

Yes.
+1
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:51 am

You wouldnt dream of attempting to walk along a row of seats half way back with passengers in so what makes you think I want some to push their way in front of my face now.
On a related note, I had an aisle seat the other way, was seated first, and the woman in the middle didn't want to wait for me to get up to let her in so she simply straddled me and climbed over.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Quote:

On a related note, I had an aisle seat the other way, was seated first, and the woman in the middle didn't want to wait for me to get up to let her in so she simply straddled me and climbed over.
Did she give you the butt or crotch? It's an eternal question.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec. Plat., HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle, Starwood Gold, etc.

In the middle bulkhead on long flights, I put my bag down as a foot rest and go to sleep. Usually makes the traffic issue go away. Always does when more than one person in the row does this.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by drewp123
Did she give you the butt or crotch? It's an eternal question.
Crotch.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:49 am
HMO

I'm sure it is rude.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Really does my head in.
Its got the point now where we sometimes pile a bag up by our feet to block it off. Still had someone last flight who steamed across the first two of us- saw the bag tower by person three and asked us to move it so they could get past!

Absolutely. but did you move the bags or just say "No sorry, go round." Personally I think "Naff off" is a better response but then I'm old and crotchety.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:48 am

It is rather impolite.

Keep in mind that not everyone was raised with the same notion
of exactly what polite is in terms of everyday behavior.

The trick is to not let their obnoxious behavior ruin your day.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:54 pm

they would hate it if you did it to them in row 64

that's an idea
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Executive Club, Altitude, Millennium Loyalty Club, President's Club
[QUOTE=
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbwpi View Post

Quote:

Yes.

+1[/QUOTE]

Agreed - particularly considering that the passenger could clearly have seen that you were traveling with a child. All the more irritating since it sounds like you were going out of your way to be considerate to other travellers.

Quite a challenge managing the negative emotions that result from the cumulative effect of this sort of repeated behaviour.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:45 pm

I remember reading Crotch is proper when passing someone in a seat
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Really does my head in.

We often fly and get middle row bulkhead seats (because we have an infant). Not a huge amount of legroom because of the bulkhead but its still better. No person in front to annoy with baby grabbing the seat.

The number of people who see this as a route from one aisle to another is unbelievable. You see them and they're looking and suddenly they'll dive across you. Trampling on any bags on the floor, tripping over feet etc.

You can recline your seat during boarding. So recline, put you feet on the bulkhead and don't move them.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
I remember reading Crotch is proper when passing someone in a seat
I think it depends on the country. US is butt in face and Europe is crotch in face, or vice versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.