Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Different flights prices depending on whether access with PC/Tablet or Smartphone

Different flights prices depending on whether access with PC/Tablet or Smartphone

Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Dear Administrators, dear community,
I want to book a flight from Hamburg(Germany) to Yaounde (Cameroon) through Skyscanner. But I notice that the same flight costs 754 eur (turkish airlines) when I access the page with my PC and tablet, and 549 eur when I access the application on my Android phone. The same flight cost 780 eur on te company's website. What is it that cost the difference of more han 200 eur on the basis of which device I use to access Skysacanner?

Please, I will greatly appreciate if you can help me towards that.
Note: I with all the devices, the flight numbers are the same, same stop and time, etc. I would love to buy the cheaptest flight. But at the same time, I a afraid of losing my money as I am scared of the huge difference.
Thank you in advance or your expert guidance
Solobless
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Solobless, welcome to FT! I'm going to switch your post to another forum where it's more likely to receive a response.

Happy Travels.

Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Hi Solobless and welcome to FT! Have you tried actually booking the cheaper flight? Where does it take you if you click on the skyscanner page?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
Hi Solobless and welcome to FT! Have you tried actually booking the cheaper flight? Where does it take you if you click on the skyscanner page?
Yes Palal. Once I enter the dates and destinations, it searches for different prices. Then on my smartphone, the lowest price is given by BudgetAir UK. Under the price, it is written Mobile Site.
With the PC or Tablet, the lowest fare is offered by Travel Genio.de

All these flights are the same, with same flights and connexions numbers and time. I would love o book through my smartphone which redirect to travl agencies that are not available on PC and Tablet (Budget Air UK) for example. But I want to be sure that it is a common practice that flights fares are cheaper via mobile than PC.

Thanks again.
SOlo Bless
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: SEN, FB PLT, HH,

the question is I if you go into real booking process if not try till the last payment step and see if low prices remain.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I went throughout the whole process and stopped only when I had to enter my Creditcard number and the other details you know.
My problem is, is it normal that the same flight with the same characteristics have a difference of about 200 euros compared to the price on the company's website, when entered through the Mobile? Has anyone experienced that? It is with Skyscanner. Has anyone booked a flight with Skyscanner through their mobile app?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Well, if the flights are the same I would book then.
I haven't tried doing searches with mobile versions of these sites, so I can't say, but I will definitely try in the future.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:40 am

Different prices on pc to mobile on skyscanner

The thread says there is a different supplier. Not all suppliers charge the same for extras. Ie luggage can vary hugely etc etc. but I have looked at car hire a lot on Skyscanner and have seen price differences between mobile and pc with the same supplier of around 10%.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:19 am

For airlines, price differences are usually attributable to different fare buckets. I would look at the fare buckets and things like cancelation, change and seat selection policies. That's usually where the differences are. The 5xx might be a basic ticket with the most restrictions. 750 has some flex and 780 the most permissive is what it likely is. Not all sites will operate on all platforms... it could be other reasons as well but that would be my first guess.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:26 am

Skyscanner

I get a 31 difference between Skyscanner on my pc and Skyscanner on my mobile......exactly the same dates times and suppliers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.