Wiki Posts
Search

Child Free Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Child Free Airlines

I was recently on a flight from Orlando to London. There were a large number of children ranging from screaming babies to very loud teenagers who made the flight a nightmare.

Would you pay extra for a child free flight and if so how much you be prepared to pay over and above the normal economy fare ?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
There were kids on a spring flight from MCO? Who would have guessed?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
There were kids on a spring flight from MCO? Who would have guessed?
I don't consider early February to be Spring, but that is not really the point
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Maybe not so much a child free plane but to expand on Malaysia Airlines A380 idea where they don't allow anyone under the age of 12 on the top deck, maybe airlines should make the front and middle sections of planes to be the same with 12 years and under being only seated in the rear section.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Child Free Airlines

Children are people too. I don't get why some people are so intolerant of them.

Live and let live.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steveben53
I was recently on a flight from Orlando to London. There were a large number of children ranging from screaming babies to very loud teenagers who made the flight a nightmare.

Would you pay extra for a child free flight and if so how much you be prepared to pay over and above the normal economy fare ?
So may we presume from your question that, as an infant, you never cried and, as an adolescent male, you were never loud and boisterous?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Child Free Airlines

It's a reasonable question, in the same way some adults pay more to pay at child free resorts. OP isn't suggesting children shouldn't be allowed to fly, merely asking if some would pay more to fly on a plane without children.

For me the answer is yes on long-haul when I'm looking to sleep; but otherwise it doesn't bother me too much.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: 2015 kettle
Child Free Airlines

My kids are better behaved on planes than a lot of adults. I was on a recent las-Ord trip and a guy was so loud my 3 year old was annoyed.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
It's a free market (at least for flights between the UK and US) so the fact that no airline offers child-free flights speaks volumes. And Orlando is not the market for it.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by paul4040
Live and let live.
A pity that many (most?) parents don't hold out this philosophy towards other passengers. Obviously not every child is boisterous but it's funny that whenever they are everyone else is expected to put up with it. If "compromise" is the order of the day maybe parents should accept that part of the plane is off limits to children.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by steveben53
I don't consider early February to be Spring, but that is not really the point
Assuming this was a flight to London UK (as opposed to London Ontario) then I suspect this will have been during our half-term school holiday.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
The current generation of parents does not seem to properly discipline and control their children.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by phillychuck
The current generation of parents does not seem to properly discipline and control their children.
This must rate as the over-generalisation of the year (and I'm not even a parent!)
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
I was on a recent las-Ord trip and a guy was so loud my 3 year old was annoyed.
That is priceless, I do hope you encouraged them to tell them off, would have been a YouTube viral sensation.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
It's a reasonable question, in the same way some adults pay more to pay at child free resorts. OP isn't suggesting children shouldn't be allowed to fly, merely asking if some would pay more to fly on a plane without children.

For me the answer is yes on long-haul when I'm looking to sleep; but otherwise it doesn't bother me too much.
Thank you - that was precisely what I was asking. I am certainly not anti-children having been both a parent and a foster parent. I was simply posing a question and am in complete agreement with DomesticGodess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.