Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How would you improve First and Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How would you improve First and Business Class?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Three threads originally cross posted in JetBlue, Virgin America, and Cathay Pacific forums have been combined into a single thread which now resides here in TravelBuzz!

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Thank you.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by britishflyer91
Hello, I'm sorry for causing hassle, I'm doing an essay regarding analysis of servicescape but more of interest to me is how far low cost airlines and full service airlines can improve their current servicescape further for their passengers. I haven't flown on those carriers before but Virgin America and JetBlue are of interest because they have a different model to what we have over here - Easyjet and Ryanair.
And how, exactly, do you plan to cite this?
FlyerTalk Forums (2014), Flyertalk, Ultra-credible super-academic peer-reviewed source, published on the internet, written by random people and fueled by opinions.
Last time I checked, whenever I had to write an essay, I cited legitimate sources like journal articles or court cases.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:58 am
Suspended

What is a servicescape? Pardon my ignorance!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bayhouse
And how, exactly, do you plan to cite this?
FlyerTalk Forums (2014), Flyertalk, Ultra-credible super-academic peer-reviewed source, published on the internet, written by random people and fueled by opinions.
Last time I checked, whenever I had to write an essay, I cited legitimate sources like journal articles or court cases.

By using the recommendations and linking it with the relevant theories from journal articles. As naturally there will be no journal articles that are specific to t VX or B6. To answer the essay question, it is about using the theories and be able to provide relevant examples to show understanding of the concepts. I don't need to cite recommendations, but rather using theories to support why the particular recommendations is good for the airline.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bayhouse
What is a servicescape? Pardon my ignorance!
It is the physical environment where the service delivery takes place such as interior design, lighting, scent, temperature and several other factors.

Last edited by britishflyer91; Feb 28, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by britishflyer91
By using the recommendations and linking it with the relevant theories from journal articles. As naturally there will be no journal articles that are specific to t VX or B6. To answer the essay question, it is about using the theories and be able to provide relevant examples to show understanding of the concepts. I don't need to cite recommendations, but rather using theories to support why the particular recommendations is good for the airline.
Sounds like as fun project, actually!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:25 pm
Suspended

What I would change:

VX:
I agree with a previous poster about the safety video. I enjoy it very much, but there should be a toned down one for red-eye flights, where I assume no one is in the mood for it. They also need to fix their fleet/route map. The A320's work well for them and I don't understand why they have a subfleet of A319's. Their route network is also all over the place. They operate transcons from the East Coast to the West Coast, but they also now operate seasonal flights down to Florida from the East Coast, their West Coast network of course, and their Dallas flights. They need to pick a Coast or a couple of cities and stay put.

B6:
Jetblue in my opinion has gone downhill in recent years in terms of customer service, on-time arrivals/departures, and food. They need to go back to their roots and stop caving in to Wall Street. Their new A321's are fantastic (both in front and back) and I am glad they are adding the economy seats to their entire fleet. Jetblue flight attendants used to be some of the best in the business, and now i'd say they are only formal with little to no smiles. I would also appreciate it if they could improve their food offerings. That is the one airline as well where I seem to be never on-time...

Jetblue and Virgin America are fantastic airlines, but they definitely have their weaknesses.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Your topic asks how to improve business and first but all I'm seeing are comments about the airlines in general or about improving coach.

For business, make all business class seat lie flat with aisle access.

For first, on United they could get rid of that idiotic shoulder strap.

And for all, one more option on the menu: Real food. I know I'll have some disagreement here, but just because it's "First Class" doesn't mean I want snail eyes marinated in Persian cat urine with a fried butterfly and asparagus sauce.

Can I have a burger or a pizza, please? Omelet, bacon and hash browns for breakfast? Maybe even an enchilada?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by airplanegod
What I would change:

VX:
I agree with a previous poster about the safety video. I enjoy it very much, but there should be a toned down one for red-eye flights, where I assume no one is in the mood for it. They also need to fix their fleet/route map. The A320's work well for them and I don't understand why they have a subfleet of A319's. Their route network is also all over the place. They operate transcons from the East Coast to the West Coast, but they also now operate seasonal flights down to Florida from the East Coast, their West Coast network of course, and their Dallas flights. They need to pick a Coast or a couple of cities and stay put.

B6:
Jetblue in my opinion has gone downhill in recent years in terms of customer service, on-time arrivals/departures, and food. They need to go back to their roots and stop caving in to Wall Street. Their new A321's are fantastic (both in front and back) and I am glad they are adding the economy seats to their entire fleet. Jetblue flight attendants used to be some of the best in the business, and now i'd say they are only formal with little to no smiles. I would also appreciate it if they could improve their food offerings. That is the one airline as well where I seem to be never on-time...

Jetblue and Virgin America are fantastic airlines, but they definitely have their weaknesses.
The point is that everyone MUST be in the mood for a safety briefing, probably more for a red eye, if not you are endangering yourself and others.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Tchiowa

And for all, one more option on the menu: Real food. I know I'll have some disagreement here, but just because it's "First Class" doesn't mean I want snail eyes marinated in Persian cat urine with a fried butterfly and asparagus sauce.

Can I have a burger or a pizza, please? Omelet, bacon and hash browns for breakfast? Maybe even an enchilada?
A thousand times this for me. I know some people hated AA's breakfast skillet last year but the couple times I flew in F it was on morning flights and I liked it. I realize some people want something fancy while traveling to an exotic location but I'd rather have a bacon cheeseburger most of the time.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold

Please, please, please no. One of the joys of flying non-US airlines is that you don't get presented filth like that. Give me the food on TK any day. Absolutely delicious.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Please, please, please no. One of the joys of flying non-US airlines is that you don't get presented filth like that. Give me the food on TK any day. Absolutely delicious.
+1 one of the joys of treavel surely is enjoting the wide variety of cuisne, if not would you fly to Japan or Thailand or France and only eat at Macdonalds !
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
The point is that everyone MUST be in the mood for a safety briefing, probably more for a red eye, if not you are endangering yourself and others.
I understand what you're saying, I personally love the video and wouldn't mind listening to it/watching it at either twelve in the afternoon in midnight. I was mainly saying that because I have heard from numerous individuals (mainly business men) that they can't stand it at night.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
+1 one of the joys of treavel surely is enjoting the wide variety of cuisne, if not would you fly to Japan or Thailand or France and only eat at Macdonalds !
Not if they had a Taco Bell.

Everyone is different, of course, but while I enjoy "food" I absolutely hate "cuisine". No need to be pretentious. It's all going to look the same in about 18 hours.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Not if they had a Taco Bell.

Everyone is different, of course, but while I enjoy "food" I absolutely hate "cuisine". No need to be pretentious. It's all going to look the same in about 18 hours.
That was how I felt flying LH F and seeing "green tomato confit" as the dessert.

I had the sorbet instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.