Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InFlight catering for vegetarians

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by mia77
Even on Jet Airways in a 1 hour flight Bombay to Goa we got served a beautiful meal of roti, a lentil dhal, a veg currry and rice. I think it's spoilt me since...!
I would expect Jet Airways to have an appetizing vegetarian entree. I would not be surprised if they did not offer a meat (esp. beef) entree.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: british airways, delta, virgin
Originally Posted by Sant
I would expect Jet Airways to have an appetizing vegetarian entree. I would not be surprised if they did not offer a meat (esp. beef) entree.
It was beyond amazing! Puts western airlines to shame, they served And cleaned up an excellent meal in an hour, BA you get chucked a stale old pastry! (And the jet airways flight was a fraction of the cost of a BA flight to Europe)
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by mia77
It was beyond amazing! Puts western airlines to shame, they served And cleaned up an excellent meal in an hour, BA you get chucked a stale old pastry! (And the jet airways flight was a fraction of the cost of a BA flight to Europe)
agreed.
Just flew on jet and AI, both served good meals with pleasant attitudes.
Even small Chinese domestic airline had veg. Meal. American carriers and as you point out BA can take lessons.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:51 pm

I once opted for the raw vegetable option on all 4 segments form London to Australia with Cathay. I'm not sure what I was expecting. I think I had recently had horrible greasy food on Air Canada and wanted to avoid any chance of dodgy airline food.

Well, every meal was identical: chopped onion, cucumber, carrot and tomato. No dressing, no oil, no salt, no pepper. It was certainly vegetarian, vegan, low-fat, wheat free etc....
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by switch007
I once opted for the raw vegetable option on all 4 segments form London to Australia with Cathay. I'm not sure what I was expecting. I think I had recently had horrible greasy food on Air Canada and wanted to avoid any chance of dodgy airline food.

Well, every meal was identical: chopped onion, cucumber, carrot and tomato. No dressing, no oil, no salt, no pepper. It was certainly vegetarian, vegan, low-fat, wheat free etc....
Suggest next time you look at ALL meal choices....when in doubt I call the airline to confirm my choices.Two days prior to departure I all and confirm. Works well with me.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
One of the many reasons I miss Continental......

I am strictly vegetarian.

Back in the Continental days it was in the profile and I always got vegetarian with no problem. On United and most other airlines either a salad or junk food is it. I carry protein bars and nuts, but for the price we are paying in Business/First it would be nice to have a choice again.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
Suggest next time you look at ALL meal choices....when in doubt I call the airline to confirm my choices.Two days prior to departure I all and confirm. Works well with me.
I did. Curiosity had a lot to do with my choice.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by switch007
I did. Curiosity had a lot to do with my choice.
CX web site/ personnel did not describe the contents in general ?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by slawecki
do jet airways also offer a meaty menu? in particular, beef steaks, or hamburgers?
Jet will never have beef (on a domestic flight) but they always offer a non-veg option, generally chicken. You don't have to order it in advance.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:57 pm

I couldn't help but think of this thread when my pre-ordered vegan meal arrived the other day. It was chicken. Oh well, accidents happen.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
This brought up memories of the dreaded vegan potato donut included in the vegetarian breakfast on United in the 90's. I no longer request vegetarian meals on flights. I will either eat in advance, try and make do with what I am given (e.g. pick off the meat from the salad or sandwich), or just do without.

It is one reason I like flying American. Since First/Biz class gets to choose their meal in advance, I at least know whether or not it will be something I can eat.

Erin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.