Search

Aviation TV

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Aviation TV

Hi all,

I am new here.

Thanks for welcoming me and I hope to learn something from you folk!

I also have a quick question - I hope this is the appropriate place to ask - apologies in advance if it is not.

Soon I will be the proud owner of an Internet aware TV.

Being an aviation "enthusiast", I often find there is not much available on satellite TV where I live, other than the odd aircrash investigation or something.

The internet however has a lot of stuff out there.

I was wondering if anybody knew of an internet TV channel which might be available out there dedicated to aviation?

I'm happy to pay a bit of "dollar" if need be, so long as the content is filled with decent documentaries...

I've tried searching, but all I can really come up with is a lot of stuff on youtube - which is a minefield to navigate to what I want.

I'm looking for something dedicated to aviation.

Anybody?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

For those interested, I stumbled across this below, which I thought was great!

(Especially nice because it also comes over nicely on my smartphone so I can watch it while in bed - as long as I use the headphones to not disturb my wife!...

I will stick with this for now, almost exactly what I was looking for:

www.aviation-tv.com
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT! Thanks for the link. I'll move this over to our TravelBuzz forum, where it should get a better response.

Last edited by gfunkdave; Nov 19, 2014 at 12:46 pm
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:54 am

There is a channel on Roku that has lots of cool videos.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Also found www.theaviators.tv which I quite like.... but seems a bit pricey.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by isoexcite
Thanks!

Also found www.theaviators.tv which I quite like.... but seems a bit pricey.
I PVR'd many of the episodes but find them more general entertainment than for us fanboys.

Your other link www.aviation-tv.com is now on my bookmark bar. much more interesting content.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

A little update on this lot.

I liked this thing so much, and being a software engineer, I was intrigued...

So I tracked down the owner who developed it. He was only half-interested and did it more as an experimental thing
than anything else - turns out I actually studied with him many moons ago.

Bottom line is, I did a bit of a "deal" with him, because I believe in it's prospects...

I am now the owner of this thing.

So like any good politician, I am now declaring my vested financial interest in it, and I've got some bigger plans for it.

If you think this thread is no longer appropriate mods because it is now seen as advertising - please remove it,
but I thought I should inform everybody.

If not, great, as soon as it begins making some money (it hasn't yet), I will need to start donating and/or advertising on here...for sure...

Actually quite excited about it.

Started a Facebook page for it yesterday - was amazed at the positive response.

If you're interested:

www.facebook.com/aviationteevee

Hoping the gamble will pay off....

The current business model is that if one registers, you can watch anything and everything for free for 2 weeks, then an annual subscription will cost you $ 15 USD. Haven't made any money from it yet, but I guess if it picks up momentum, I will need to come back here and a few other places and begin paying for some adverts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.