Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by eldy
Can I use more than one lounge on the same layover?
Should be able to, yes.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by eldy
I was issued a Priority Pass Select card when I asked for one with my Amex Plat. Should I call again and ask for an updated card or will the membership number suffice to identify it as a Prestige membership level card?

I saw on a blog that one should be able to "check-in" someone they know instead of using the lounge themselves. Is that still true?

Can I use more than one lounge on the same layover?
Card is for personal use only although not all lounges ask for ID...

Yes you can use whatever lounges you like (assuming they are PP lounges obviously!)
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by glynot
Should be able to, yes.
Originally Posted by stifle
Card is for personal use only although not all lounges ask for ID...

Yes you can use whatever lounges you like (assuming they are PP lounges obviously!)
Thanks for the prompt responses, guys! ^
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Did the full breakdown on how much a Priority Pass costs depending number of visits and membership tier here. (I have too much time on my hands?)

Turns out, if you plan on visiting a lounge one to five times a year, you should go with the Standard membership. Six to 15 visits would make the Standard Plus membership the best deal; and after that, Prestige membership all the way. These numbers/rationales get a little skewed when a discount is applied, but not by much.

Hope someone finds it useful.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by emyh
Did the full breakdown on how much a Priority Pass costs depending number of visits and membership tier here. (I have too much time on my hands?)

Turns out, if you plan on visiting a lounge one to five times a year, you should go with the Standard membership. Six to 15 visits would make the Standard Plus membership the best deal; and after that, Prestige membership all the way. These numbers/rationales get a little skewed when a discount is applied, but not by much.

Hope someone finds it useful.
Wow you literally did the maths..

Anyway, I finally got my Signature Visa that allows me two complimentary lounge access plus guest. Great deal with my credit card while waiting for my lifetime Gold Card. :P

I hope Priority Pass is great. I will start using this in September in SIN.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Note that certain credit cards (Chase Ritz-Carlton, JPM Palladium) also provide Lounge Club access which from what I can tell covers a subset of Priority Pass lounges (no access to United Clubs, etc.) However on the plus side LC membership allows you to bring a certain # of free guests (no $27pp fee).

So some may find the CC annual fee to be cheaper than PP membership, depending on how you value the other CC benefits.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:29 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Best priority pass lounge in the world?

What do you think? i got a lot of value from the card but the best lounge i ever went to had a menu that you could order from with 3 options.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: Enough
Shongololo lounge at JNB.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would vote for the United Club in LHR T2. Brand new and very nice. But I have limited experience with PP lounges, since I hardly ever use them.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:12 am
Suspended

Don't want to sound too moderatory, but shouldn't this thread be merged with:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...t-lounges.html
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
Best priority pass lounge in the world?

Helsinki's lounge is pretty great.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by qmiro
Helsinki's lounge is pretty great.
You mean the one that looks like a fake library? Really?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
What do you think? i got a lot of value from the card but the best lounge i ever went to had a menu that you could order from with 3 options.
The Number 1 Traveller lounges at LHR and LGW (and possibly elsewhere) aren't half bad.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, WJ, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold, Fairmont PC, IHG, Marriott, Airmiles, Aventura,Avion
Does Priority Pass (I think it's Plaza Premium Lounge in YYZ) have lounge passes like MLL does? Can one get these passes with a credit card in Canada? I have the Priority Pass membership but each visit costs $27 with the pass and when my daughter and I are coming home from MCO in a couple of months, there's apparently a United Lounge which I can use with the Priority Pass membership. However, paying $27 x 2 for me and a 5 year old is pretty steep. I was wondering if there was anyway to get passes. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. No clue what "MLL" is
2. The normal day rate for a United Club is $50 so $27 is pretty good already.

You haven't mentioned which level of Priority Pass you have which would help shape a recommendation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.