Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Cheaper Tickets at Counter than Online?

Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

I got tickets cheaper at the airport ticketing counter of Air Canada than their Air Canada online quotes. (Saved over $266)
Anyone know why? (I forgot to ask the counter clerk).
If this is their MO, I will got to their ticketing counter all the time.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:46 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moneils, welcome to FlyerTalk.

The most likely cause(s) is(are): that if it was for the exact itinerary that you checked against AC's online booking engine, that the fare changed between the time you checked and the time you went to the AC ticket counter. Major airlines post thousands of fare changes a day. Or that the AC agent knew of a promotional fare or routing that you did not check on the on-line booking engine.

In any case, I'll move this to the Air Canada forum for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just remember, IT is such a disaster at AC than anything can happen.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
In trying to come up with an answer, it would help to know where you are flying
to and from, what dates, what class of service, what was the original price, what was the price you paid.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Interesting. I never tried to buy tickets at the counter because I thought it is always more expensive than online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.