Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Will be married 28 years at the end of the month. We delayed our honeymoon until Jan 1987 and spent 24 days visiting HKG, MEL, Hamilton Island, SYD, HNL,OGG,LAX and back home to JFK. J class from JFK-NRT-HKG and the rest was in Y. The J UG was comped so it was a great way to start the honeymoon .
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Maui....

....Waikiki and Kuaui
14 nights...to say we liked it would be an understatement....we've been back 5 more times.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Hawaii and Bora Bora.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:55 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Cornwall, by train. It was wonderful.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
Married in Seattle in 1979. Spent 2 nights and 3 days at Lake Quinalt Lodge in Olympic National Park for the Honeymoon special price of $99.

Last edited by yknot; Sep 2, 2014 at 12:23 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:42 pm

Poor college\just out of college students so we spent Saturday night at the local Marriott before heading home. I started a new job the following Monday and my wife had a big research presentation
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Flying Blue, Skywards
Lapland to see the northern lights and freeze ourselves so much we'd have no excuse not to stay under covers.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Sandals, Montego Bay, Jamaica. 8 months after we were married. We both had to be at work the Monday after the ceremony, having been out of college for 5 months with no vacation accrued yet.

I think we still have the sandals necklace we earned during the stay.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
1st Honeymoon (2009), was Seoul, Khao Lak and Cape Town.

2nd Honeymoon (upcoming) is Urubamba/Machu Picchu/Cusco, Villarrica Chile, Queenstown NZ, Safari Lodge near Richards Bay South Africa, and Iguazu Falls.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:50 pm
HMO

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Not so sure of that - my parents went to Hawaii before settling in London over 60 years ago now.
I talked to some older friends and relatives. In my country, the people weren't used to travel overseas in the past, even if they were rich. A kind of cultural (older) habit, I suppose.

It changed, of course. ^
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:59 pm

Hong Kong and Bali.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:34 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
South Africa/Mozambique: pre-wedding Cape Town, Franschhoek wedding, honeymoon Plettenberg, Singita Boulders Sabi Sands, Azura Benguerra Mozambique, Johannesburg
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:21 am

We flew from Boston to Dublin on 12.5K BA Avios awards and then toured around Ireland for a few days before heading down to Paris on Aer Lingus (cheapish revenue tickets). After spending a few days in Paris (Club Carlson 2 for 1 awards). We went down to Loire Valley where we had a memorable for all the wrong reasons Bed and Breakfast stay.* After accumulating stories that we will be telling for life, we took the Hotel Train in First down to Spain and made are way over to Salamanca, before eventually ending up in Madrid (Another Club Carlson 2-1 deal). From there we flew to Geneva where we had a 23 hour connection (Intercontinental Geneva on a Chase Visa free night certificate), and heading back to the United States (all part of a United Award).

*One story of many from that stay for you reading pleasure, the B&B owners were Americans that had settled in France and the day before I had declined their invitation to setup a cab for me to some chateau by telling them that we were undecided but if we did need one I would call myself. This resulted in the owner administering a French language quiz to assess my fluency. The next day, after prying deeper into our travel plans and learning we were heading to Spain, she then proceeded to quiz my (native Spanish speaking) wife about her mastery of the Spanish language. I told my wife afterwards that I have tremendous respect for the fact that she did not call the owner a miserable shrew in Spanish.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
We were married in Vegas at the Bellagio with 30 of our closest family and friends in 2001. Spent a great weekend in Vegas with them then headed to Hawaii (Maui then Oahu) for 10 days. Loved everything about it. Perfect place for a honeymoon/romantic trip. Recently took my 11 year old daughter to Hawaii and loved it even more as a family destination! We'll be back in 2016 and at least every other year after that.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
London, Paris and Edinburgh. 12 days, IIRC, as my wife's work couldn't spare her for the 3 weeks we originally wanted to take.

We got married about a week before Christmas break, so I we went back to work for a week first, then dealt with Christmas with families, and flew out on 1/30 -- only to be delayed a day by a blizzard. First trip for either of us in international J, and got to spend our first NYE as a married couple in the air (amusingly, on an AA A300 which I've since heard was awful; having only had a few domestic F flights to that point, I was pretty impressed at the time.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.