Search

Best First or Business Class seat from NYC/NJ to Miami

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: continental one pass, delta skymiles, platinum american express

Good day!

I was wondering if there are any true First or Business class configurations that fly from the NYC area to Miami or FLL. United, in the Continental days used to fly a 757-200 with nice Business/First seats but no more. And sometimes there are international flights with a connection in NY which fly int'l first or business configurations. I would hate to pay the elevated price without a comfortable seat. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:47 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Miami's not the Caribbean. It's in the US... and is on the Atlantic.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This is less of a destination question than an airline question, though if it were it would better be asked in the Americas - USA Forum; it's a general airline question at that, so it doesn't fit in a specific airline or alliance forum .

Moving to TravelBuzz! for better input.

JDiver
senior moderator
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by rtlaw
Good day!

I was wondering if there are any true First or Business class configurations that fly from the NYC area to Miami or FLL. United, in the Continental days used to fly a 757-200 with nice Business/First seats but no more. And sometimes there are international flights with a connection in NY which fly int'l first or business configurations. I would hate to pay the elevated price without a comfortable seat. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Look at AA flights between JFK and MIA. If you find flight equipment listed as a 757 with a seat map showing only sixteen seats in F, or as a 763, then you have found a flight with an internationally-configured aircraft. But be aware that aircraft swaps to domestically-configured aircraft are always possible.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:49 am

While everyone's budget/preferences are different - for such a short flight i'd use the $500 per ticket for a nicer hotel or a big night out.

Or if you've got a big group I'd think you're better off going private for $2000-2500 per person as opposed to $1000 for mediocre first class.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:44 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I find most domestic US 'First' class is pretty much interchangeable and quite forgettable. Try and find a plane with personal IFE at the least. Finding an inter nation config is possible, but probably quite rare.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)Look at AA flights between JFK and MIA. If you find flight equipment listed as a 757 with a seat map showing only sixteen seats in F, or as a 763, then you have found a flight with an internationally-configured aircraft. But be aware that aircraft swaps to domestically-configured aircraft are always possible.
This is your best bet. There are usually 763s and international 757s between JFK and MIA routinely. Just be conscious though as posted above, the equipment can change at any time and you will not be refunded for it. It's a bit more risky with the 757 than with the 767 seeing as all 767s are equipped with international business class. Only a few of the many 757s have this product.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

AA has a regular (daily?) 763 with an intl (older) configuration. Quite decent for a three hour tour (until the weather started getting rough... Sorry)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.