Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My only pet peeve -- leering over to look out "my" window

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
There are some really strange and obnoxious people out there.
Indeed. One time on WN a guy nearly punched me because he thought that he had boarded before me and that he was entitled to the seat that I had put my stuff down on. (The FA was in the process of clearing a pre-boarded family with children from the exit row.) He screamed at me and the FA had to get involved and explain to him that it was my seat.

The world is full of odd ducks.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
I'm looking forward to the future with no windows where the entire wall is a giant screen or whatever.
which shows a picture of a waterfall the entire flight, and the sound piped through the overhead speakers

all in jest, PDXPremier!

in other news, i find it hard to believe that mgcsinc has yet to have a non-breakfast F meal that is worse than airport food
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
in other news, i find it hard to believe that mgcsinc has yet to have a non-breakfast F meal that is worse than airport food
I've been privately questioning that as well

Especially since I seem to recall mgcsinc expressing familiarity with Andale and its awesome breakfast burrito.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:07 pm

I've been privately questioning that as well

Especially since I seem to recall mgcsinc expressing familiarity with Andale and its awesome breakfast burrito.
Actually, I wasn't one of the Andale commentators, though I might have mentioned my love for the chorizo breakfast burritos where I work. I did get a chance to stop by there recently, but it sadly wasn't at breakfast burrito o'clock.

My signature is intended to imply average airport food, which I personally think is abysmal, but maybe that's because I refuse to ever have a sit-down meal in an airport. My CPU rate has also been abysmal lately, so I haven't been having many F meals.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
My signature is intended to imply average airport food, which I personally think is abysmal, but maybe that's because I refuse to ever have a sit-down meal in an airport. My CPU rate has also been abysmal lately, so I haven't been having many F meals.
Got it. Like the Carl's Jr. I've occasionally been forced to partake of at ONT. OMG that's awful stuff.

Actually, I wasn't one of the Andale commentators, though I might have mentioned my love for the chorizo breakfast burritos where I work. I did get a chance to stop by there recently, but it sadly wasn't at breakfast burrito o'clock.
Uh-oh, apparently the steel trap is getting a bit rusty . . . .

In other alarming developments, my last two Andale breakfast burritos have been too heavy on the potatoes, too light on all the good stuff.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:18 pm

In other alarming developments, my last two Andale breakfast burritos have been too heavy on the potatoes, too light on all the good stuff.
Potatoes are to breakfast burritos as peanuts are to mixed nuts.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

There are some really strange and obnoxious people out there.
Sartre once wrote that "Hell is other people." I wonder how much he flew, especially in the days before literati like him would have had access to private jets?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by CKinMD
There's a great existing thread that this can be moved to. Wanna guess which one?
Guidance please. I found too many hits on Leer Jets to be useful...

To OP

The fact that it's your only pet peeve....impressive. Exceptionally untweakable.
I have identified at least 9 in my court mandated therapy sessions.

The degree of your peeve...equally impressive.

Last edited by LaserSailor; Apr 19, 2014 at 5:55 pm
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Depends how hot she is.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
People rant about this. Geez. Fly a private jet.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
There is a distinct possibility that she was interested in more than the view. You could have chosen to be flattered instead of annoyed.

Either that or close the window shade.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:33 pm

Wrong thread ... belongs here.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
I can relate to OP. I had dude next to me in F a week ago ask me to open the shade (I had headphones on so not sue of why exactly), prior to take off he specifically asked if I could open it during take off. I obliged, then noticed him not even looking out the window.
I shut it right after lift off he then proceeded to pop open a smelly salad and wolfed it down like a pig.
I know - OT ...and scatterbrained
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by malgudi
Wrong thread ... belongs here.
That funny elixir has been told a few times already.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by scottsam66
I can relate to OP. I had dude next to me in F a week ago ask me to open the shade (I had headphones on so not sue of why exactly), prior to take off he specifically asked if I could open it during take off. I obliged, then noticed him not even looking out the window.
I shut it right after lift off he then proceeded to pop open a smelly salad and wolfed it down like a pig.
I know - OT ...and scatterbrained
Some airlines/cabin crew want the window shades open for takeoff and landing as a safety measure. I think it's so that the cabin will be lighter inside and thus easier/faster to exit after a crash. If someone is accustomed to that rule, it's understandable that they would ask for the window shade to be open at such times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.