Wiki Posts
Search

Reminder: Daylight Saving Time Starts This Sunday

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Reminder: Daylight Saving Time Starts This Sunday

Daylight Saving Time starts this Sunday, 9 March, in most of the U.S. and much of Canada.

We will be "ahead" of much of the rest of the world incl. the European Union for three weeks.

For details on Daylight Saving Time, see Frequent Business Traveler's annual Spring Ahead piece:

Spring Forward! 2014 Daylight Saving Time Starts This Sunday in U.S.

Daylight Saving Time will start this Sunday at 2 a.m. local time in most of the United States and parts of Canada. Clocks should be set ahead by one hour.

In the European Union, Summer Time (called British Summer Time or BST in the United Kingdom and Sommerzeit in Austria and Germany) will start three weeks later…

<SNIP>
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Good reminder! I missed my flight once because of this! of course, this was before cell phones automatically changed the time..
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:27 pm
jyh

Yukkidy Yuk. Just leave me on CST please. Why is everyone in North America in such a hurry to go nowhere?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:53 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is already in effect, I'll close this now. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.