Hilarious Complaints to Travel Agency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

http://blogdramedy.wordpress.com/201...r-reservation/

I tried to pick a couple of favs. They are all funny. But I like these a lot.

“Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers.”

“I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends’ three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller.”

Ok this is my favorite:

“My fiance and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Some people were just never meant to leave their home.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:12 am

These people should never leave home again for sure.

“It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England . It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair.”

These people should save their money and just stay inside from now on.

“We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning.”

And maybe this woman should just put blinders on her husband or something.

“They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax.”

Idiot complaints for sure.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
I'm always a little suspicious of web jokes that have to say they were "actual" complaints and these have been floating around by email for several years.

Nevertheless, they raise a smile and are not entirely unbelievable.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mandolino
I'm always a little suspicious of web jokes that have to say they were "actual" complaints and these have been floating around by email for several years.

And how many "complaints" were really jokes?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
"No one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were startled!"

Has to be my favourite.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: aa exp
Probably fake but very funny

I needed that, I actually laughed out loud. My top three are:

“It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair.”

Stupid geography.

“On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food.”

Curry in India, who knew?

And my fav:

“They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax.”

Yep, I'm sure your husband was deeply disappointed. Unable to relax, "I'd like to relax but these women aren't going to oggle themselves."
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by mandolino

Never underestimate the stupidity of people.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by smithk

And my fav:

Yep, I'm sure your husband was deeply disappointed. Unable to relax, "I'd like to relax but these women aren't going to oggle themselves."
Hey, I'd have an easier time relaxing than some of those high-silicone jobs on the beach. Not even sure they're silicone...maybe plastic?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by LTBoston
Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

^

I used to think most things like these were jokes, until the cruise where we had to skip a port due to an extremely bad storm. The Captain and other officers held a talk where they explained why and how the decision was made etc. Now there were some really good questions asked but the look on the Captain's face at others said it all.

Some of the questions included:

1. Now that we've avoided the storm (by sailing 1,000 miles out of the way of it) why can't we sail to our original port (on the other side of the storm) after all?

2. Why can't we go to a different port instead of having another sea day (note this was in the north atlantic between Iceland and Canada so not many choices)?

3. Why can't you make the ship stop rocking so much?

But I think my personal favorite was the question asked by multiple people throughout the lecture:

4. Instead of going to our next port early (they gave as an extra day in our next port), why can't we skip that too and go to our disembarkation point early so those of us with really early flights can make those flights?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
I work with the general public and im not shocked by the lack of common sense...and yes some people are idiots
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Consider the possibility that some of these quotes may be deliberate humor. I know I enjoy saying or writing the occasional corny remark to amuse myself and friends and hopefully give the staff a laugh as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.