Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by malioil

Again, I'm sure only few of us have done

PEK-FNJ-PEK
How many other routings to Pyongyang are there, especially commercially?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I'll throw BIL-BZN into mix, because I don't think there's recently been scheduled service.

Denver flight to Bozeman was diverted because of snow to Billings. Snow abated enough to take another run a couple hours later.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by boosh
Is that not the name of bus shuttle service
It probably is! But this bus was a fully laden Boeing!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
I got to take a few oddball flights this year.
Urumqi to Almaty on a China Southern 737. (URC-ALA).
Tabubil to Kiunga on Air PNG Dash-8. (TBG-KIU)
To be fair, pretty much any domestic flight in Papua New Guinea falls under the 'oddball' heading.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:55 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drewguy
How many other routings to Pyongyang are there, especially commercially?
I have done PVG-FNJ. I think the the other 2 airports they serve are BKK and VVO.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:27 pm

One trip that was unusual to take as a direct, nonstop flight was YAM (Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada) to YWG (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Ordinarily there are no nonstops scheduled but both of the scheduled stops in Thunder Bay and Dryden were cancelled.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
My roundup of unique trips

Here are a few I did and think are novel:

NBO-KIS-NBO on KQ in May 2013. Day trip to a US CDC outpost near there. Not many other reasons to go there if you’re not from there.

Surprised no one has mentioned CUZ-PEM-CUZ on TA or CUZ-JUL-LIM on LA. We flew A319s there in Jul 2013 on a tour around Peru.

ORD-ELM-ORD on UA Ex Apr 2015. Ran 2x/wkdy from Feb 2014 to April 2016. It was the easiest way for our family to get to-from the area. Bummed they discontinued it.

RKV-KUS-RKV on NY Aug 2016. NY flies a Q400 on this route 2x daily, as Greenland is becoming a more popular tourist destination, but only 12k passengers passed through KUS in 2012.

AGM-KUS on GL, Aug 2016. 10 min helicopter ride from one island to the other vs. 1 hr by boat. Allowed us some time to visit KUS. Didn't fly the in-bound because it doesn't run on Sundays.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
they were headed to RAP
Did you read my original post?? Yes, the WERE headed to RAP, on a regularly scheduled flight BUUUUTTTT they accidentally landed at an air force base! SOOOOOOOOO the flights too and from that base (RCA) were esoteric and qualify for this thread (sarcasm intended).

Per my original post: Any FTer's on MSP-RCA and RCA-CID got two really rare segments.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Madone59
Did you read my original post?? Yes, they WERE headed to RAP, on a regularly scheduled flight BUUUUTTTT they accidentally landed at an air force base! SOOOOOOOOO the flights too and from that base (RCA) were esoteric and qualify for this thread (sarcasm intended).

Per my original post: Any FTer's on MSP-RCA and RCA-CID got two really rare segments.
there, you did it again ... CID =/= RAP (even tho "Cedar Rapids" and "Rapid City" are probably often dyslexicized [I just made up that term] ...)

btw (a couple years after the fact) that was a GREAT trip report

Last edited by jrl767; Aug 5, 2016 at 12:54 pm
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
OK I am officially confused.

Originally Posted by jrl767
btw (a couple years after the fact) that was a GREAT trip report
An oldie but a goodie - glad you enjoyed it.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was flying LGA to Fort Myers. Due to thunderstorms at Fort Myers we were forced to land in Sarasota. I assumed they would bus us to Fort Myers, but we took off and flew the remaining 70 or so miles. Never got above 10,000 feet. So LGA- SRQ-RSW
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
OAK-SFO after our KOA-SFO UA flight was diverted.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: Nada!
Originally Posted by megalab
Here are a few I did and think are novel:

NBO-KIS-NBO on KQ in May 2013. Day trip to a US CDC outpost near there. Not many other reasons to go there if you’re not from there.

Surprised no one has mentioned CUZ-PEM-CUZ on TA or CUZ-JUL-LIM on LA. We flew A319s there in Jul 2013 on a tour around Peru.

ORD-ELM-ORD on UA Ex Apr 2015. Ran 2x/wkdy from Feb 2014 to April 2016. It was the easiest way for our family to get to-from the area. Bummed they discontinued it.

RKV-KUS-RKV on NY Aug 2016. NY flies a Q400 on this route 2x daily, as Greenland is becoming a more popular tourist destination, but only 12k passengers passed through KUS in 2012.

AGM-KUS on GL, Aug 2016. 10 min helicopter ride from one island to the other vs. 1 hr by boat. Allowed us some time to visit KUS. Didn't fly the in-bound because it doesn't run on Sundays.
I did NBO-KIS-NBO earlier this summer too. My weirdest is HYD-VGA in India. Made that one a couple of times.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas
I did NBO-KIS-NBO earlier this summer too.
NBO-KIS is a mainline Skyteam route. I have colleagues who fly that every week.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
I once flew CUN-CZA in a prop arranged by a local tour company. Cockpit had its doors open and the pilot was reading the operating manual. Not the safest feeling...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.