Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by invisible
I think anyone who had a flight in a non-touristy remote country would qualify for this.

Two years ago I had a flight between TBS (Tbilisi, Georgia) and Queen Tamar Airport in Mestia on DHC-300 Twin Otter.

I seriously doubt that anyone else in this forum was on this route despite the fact that this is a regular flight.
I'm jealous. When I was in Mestia there were no scheduled flights so we had to take a marshrutka to and from Zugdidi that took a long, long time.

In that area of the world I did EVN-TBS on Armavia but guess that other have done that to just as others surely have done FRU-TAS on HY.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by polarpacific

2010 -- PNH (Phnom Penh) to REP (Siem Reap) to see Angkor Wat.
I have done PNH - REP too.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I'm jealous. When I was in Mestia there were no scheduled flights so we had to take a marshrutka to and from Zugdidi that took a long, long time.

In that area of the world I did EVN-TBS on Armavia but guess that other have done that to just as others surely have done FRU-TAS on HY.
That flight was fun, however, when my wife saw the plane she asked where was the nearest bar.

Flight between Irkutsk and Yakutsk on Yak-40 20 something years ago - was not as much fun...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
PHL-BBX (blue bell)

PHL-DVX (dover)
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL GM
BIL-LWT-HVR Billings-Lewistown-Havre (LWT no longer has scheduled service, it was cancelled two days later)

AMS-MST Amsterdam-Maastricht, no longer served by KLM Cityhopper
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
IAD-DCA. The flight originated at DFW (or maybe somewhere else in Texas) and I believe it was a way to get around DCA's perimeter rule.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:23 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by stut
Aha! I can claim the first one, as part of a convoluted STN-DUS/FRA-ICN-KWL-KMG-LJG/DLU-KMG-BKK-LHR routing on AB/OZ/CZ/MU/TG a few years ago.

Fantastic place, Lijiang.
Me too
also REP-PNH.

KMG (Kunming) - RGN (Rangoon/Yangon) in 1984; I've posted about this somewhere before; twice monthly flight; just me in the back and a bunch of Chinese generals in the front. I guess this will soon become a less uncommon route as tourism in Burma picks up

But here are two that I suspect no one has done:

TNN (Tainan) - KNH (Kinmen/Quemoy)
KNH - CYI (Chiayi, Taiwan)

which I do all the time.
and this reminds me of another:

TTT (Taitung, small town in southern Taiwan) - KYD (Lanyu, volcanic island off Taiwan), 1990 or so. - fascinating place.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:43 pm

1994: Flint, MI to Johnstown, PA (FNT-JST) on USAir.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Originally Posted by cfwolfs
AMS-MST Amsterdam-Maastricht, no longer served by KLM Cityhopper
I used to fly that route quite regularly. The first time was MST-AMS during a country-wide train strike in the spring of 1991 (160 guilders for a one-way ticket). I wanted to save some money so then got on a bus instead of taking a taxi and it took me more than four times as long to get from Schiphol to the Crowne Plaza near Central Station than it had taken me to get from Maastricht to Amsterdam!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Phnom Penh to Banlung, Cambodia?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Mine must be DUS-CGN on something called LGW Luftfahrt Gesellschaft Walter (code HE) as part of an itinerary that went on to ERF in Eastern Germany. At the time, I thought it was the shortest flight I had ever done, although I think WIC to KOI in the Orkney Islands might have been shorter.

Or ABZ-INV, in the old days of British Midland (1988), as part of a flight that originated at LGW.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stut
Aha! I can claim the first one, as part of a convoluted STN-DUS/FRA-ICN-KWL-KMG-LJG/DLU-KMG-BKK-LHR routing on AB/OZ/CZ/MU/TG a few years ago.

Fantastic place, Lijiang.
It's a short but beautiful ride. The scenic landing in Lijiang is amazing.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
I have done PNH - REP too.
That's for the heavy butts who want skip the comfy, ehm, bus ride
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
a few

JAX to IDL on National Airlines in 1959.
DCA to BWI on National Airlines in the late 1960's.
JFK to GDL on Air France in the late 1960's (fifth freedom put to good use)
IAD to CGN on LH in the 1980's.
JAX to RDU on AA when RDU was a hub for AA.
NAS Argentia (Newfoundland) to McGuire AFB New Jersey in 1959 on a MATS flight (Military Air Transport) Oh, the joys of being a military dependent
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plt, Hyatt Plt, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold.
I have one.
DFW - ACT (Waco, TX) on AA (Eagle). It's 89 flight miles! I guess I can see if you are flying in from LAX or someplace far away but you can drive it in an hour. I've done DFW - CLL (College Station, TX) once but never ACT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.