Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top 10 Longest **Domestic** Flights in the World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dhuey
I agree that UA domestic F is nothing too great, but it's a lot more comfortable than being in the back of the bus for such a long flight.
Right...domestic F is better than Y. But it is nothing at all "like North America to Europe" except in trip duration.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Right...domestic F is better than Y. But it is nothing at all "like North America to Europe" except in trip duration.
AA's A321T premium from JFK<>LAX/SFO is very much like int'l premium.

And AA currently has some 763s on the JFK-SFO routes, which are internationally configured with angled lie-flats.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by sbm12
I think UA's PS product in C from JFK is comparable, but I agree that the old F seats on BOS-SFO are inferior to the flat beds for international seats.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
The British Ministry of Defence (sic–as with most words in the Queen’s version of English)
The Queen's version of English? That'll be English v1.0

American version?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:49 am

Canada had scheduled nonstop YHZ-YVR flights this year. At 2755 miles they were slightly longer than MIA-SEA.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:27 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I realise this is 3 years old but:

Originally Posted by olybeast
The Queen's version of English? That'll be English v1.0
American spellings are English v1.0 and it is British spellings which have been "enhanced" (in the BA sense) to v1.1.

Back on topic, CDG-PPT must be the only "domestic" flight where citizens of the country concerned have to pay to enter another country en route.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:29 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Trying to think of the longest domestic flights I've taken - although with protectorates, ex-colonies, etc, it's rather hard to figure out what counts and what doesn't...

Does AMS-CUR count? CPH-SFJ? Mind you, I was slightly surprised to note that SFO-IAD (another flight I've taken) was longer than the Greenland one. I always forget just how big the US is...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
Back on topic, CDG-PPT must be the only "domestic" flight where citizens of the country concerned have to pay to enter another country en route.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more of these somewhere. Maybe a few Caribbean spots that can't land a long-haul from Europe?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I cannot imagine who would choose to go on one of those massive flights.

You'd have to get 3 meals in 17 hours. How would the galley be configured for that?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I cannot imagine who would choose to go on one of those massive flights.

You'd have to get 3 meals in 17 hours. How would the galley be configured for that?
Turkish Airlines fed me three times on IST-MIA (12.5h) so imagine how much food they'd need to cater...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.