Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What airports have you been to

Old May 14, 2013, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)

Was bored and went through where I have flown to throughout my travels:

ADL,AKL,ALB,AMS,ANC,ATL,BDL,BNA,BNE,BOI,BOS,BTM,BT R,BUR,CDG,CHC,CLE,CLT,CMH,CUN,CVG,DCA,DEN,DFW,DSM, DTW,DUB,ERI,EWR,FCO,FLL,FNT,GRR,HNL,HPN,IAH,ICN,JA C,JAX,JFK,JHM,LAN,LAS,LAX,LGA,LGW,LIH,MBS,MEM,MIA, MKE,MNL,MSO,MSP,MSY,NRT,OAK,OGG,ONT,ORD,PBI,PHL,PH X,PIT,ROC,RST,SAN,SEA,SFO,SJC,SJU,SLC,SMF,STL,STT, SWF,SYD,TPA,VCE,YVR,YYZ,

81 Airports
16 International
1.8 Million Miles (mostly on NW and DL)

Aircraft: A380, A330, A320, A319, B190, CRJ200, CRJ700, CRJ900, DH8, DC9, DC10, E145, E170, E175, F100, MD80, MD88, MD90, RJ85, 717, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777

Airlines: AA, AF, AS, AZ, DL, NW, QA, EM, US, UA, CO, Eastern, TWA, Pan Am, WN (once and never again), KL, AC, WS

Least favorite airport: ORD In 20 trips have been delayed more than an hour 10 times.
Most favorite airport: ICN then AMS Lots of great shops and nice lounges.

Most memorable occurance: RST 1. The TSA agent finding a nail clipper in carryon bag of PAX ahead of me and treating it like a loaded gun, and 2. the one time I got there and security line was closed with a "back in 10 mins" sign (only one security line in RST).

Worst flight: MSP-HPN. Was diverted to ROC because of weather on told on my own. Had to rent a car and drive 6 hrs to arrive home at 3am.

First flight: Aug 1987 YYZ-LGA on AA.

Longest flight: JFK-SYD 24 hours, 12050 miles.

Shortest flight: YYZ-ERI. 20 mins. 114 miles.

Favorite plane: 747 Upper Deck

Worst plane: CRJ200

Worst airline: WS

Last edited by BusTrav8yrs; Mar 30, 2016 at 3:34 pm
Old May 14, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold

Off the top of my head;

TRD TOS BDO BNN EVE SVJ NMS RVK MJF SSJ MOL ALE BGO SVG RRS FBU OSL TRF KSU CPH AAL ARN THN AMS CDG MUC FRA ALC AGP LPA BCN BER OTZ AYT SVO BOD FCO MXP SIN SYD LUX CAI ASW AMM AUH DXB SSH SHJ KTM ASP BNE MEL CNS AKL CHC RAR AIT NRT HDH OGG NCE SEZ DAR JRO ZNZ JFK ORD SFO LAX SAN SXM DUB LHR LGW STN LSI EDI SGN HAN BKK REP BAH DOH MAN KEF JTR GFK

Plus a dozen airfields, airports that I've just visited not flown into or out from.

87 airports in 5 continents

Aircraft: A340 A330, A320, A310, A319, B200, CRJ900, DH8, DC9, E145, F50, F70, F100, MD80, MD88, MD90, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, D328, DH8, DH7, DH6, C130, and various small aircraft like C172, PA28, C210 etc

Favorite airlines: SQ, SK, LH, WF, KL

Least favorite: CAI, biggest s**thole Ive ever been!

Most favorite: SIN, your every need is met. Period.

Most memorable occurance: RAR to AIT in a tiny D328 sized aircraft to get married on the beach!

Worst flight: DAR to ZNZ, I swear to God the aircraft was help together by ducttape! Flight delayed, luggage lost then found, the works..

First flight: Around 1987, TRD to BNN with WF DH7.

Longest flight: LAX to SYD. Was around 14 hours

Shortest flight: BNN to SSJ, 15 minutes

Favorite plane: 747

Worst plane: C130
Old May 14, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
See "My Flight Memory," linked below.
Old May 14, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
More than a hundred, but less than dozen in the US. Only continent I haven't been to is Antarctica, and there's nothing there to really draw me in.

Apart from the 7Late7 there's not a turbine powered Airbus, Boeing or Douglas I haven't flown - including the 720B, 9-21/41, 8-72 and A300B2. Add to that the Convair CV880, DC-7C, Shorts Skyvan, Sikorsky S-76, G-V and a Boeing Stearman, just to give you an idea.

Longest flight was probably BKK-LHR on a night and day with a particularly nasty headwind.
Shortest was Copenhagen to Malmoe on a Jetranger, took all of 5 minutes. Bahrain to Doha was also rather on the short side too, as was Cologne to Brussels, but can't remember how long either of them took.

Favourite aircraft: The one taking me home.

Worst aircraft: The one where I know my baggage is far behind me, the hotel shuttle bus will be off service when I arrive at some deserted back water, and I have wake up the receptionist to get a room key.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:05 pm

I don't fly nearly as much as most of you! I've done:

EKO SLC PHX CLT MSP DTW MBJ GRR DTW BUR SEA DFW LGA ATL CVG PUJ SJU CPH HNL BWI ORD STL BNA SBN OGG

I've flown to Europe once but I can't remember if it was London or Paris. May have flown in to one and left from the other, actually. Also one in Mexico but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

My favorite airport is SLC because it's big enough to have lots of flights but small enough that I have no problem with connections. I very much dislike MSP because of the size. I fly small airports most often, I get spoiled.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
This looks like fun. I'll try to do it chronologically, more or less.

LED SVO JFK LAX ONT BUR SFO SJC HNL LGA EWR BWI IAD BOS SAT DFW IAH LUV HOU CVG MEM AVL MCO ORD STL DEN DTW MSP AUS MEX CUN PVR FCO MXP LHR DUS AMS FRA HKG ALA

I believe I shall be adding IST, LCA & TSE in the next month or so to the list.

Last edited by RussianTexan; May 14, 2013 at 9:26 pm
Old May 15, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
LUA and LYR (have fun) One is one of the most dangerous in the world, the other furthest North commercial runway in the world (landed here in both a G5 and 727) and multi million miles of other airports.
Old May 15, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-into-out.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ing-goals.html
Old May 15, 2013, 12:35 pm

I've not flown anywhere near as much as most on here, but I've visited my fair share of airports:

UK: MAN/LHR/LGW

USA: AUS/ORD/DFW/LAX/SAT/ATL/IAH/MCO/BGR

Mexico: CUN

Europe: FRA/BCN/RVN/HER/FAO/LEI/MAH/PMI/TFS/DLM

Aircraft types off the top of my head:
737/747/757/767/777/A319/A320/A321/DC-10/MD80/MD90/CR2/CR7

Old May 15, 2013, 1:50 pm

A friend of mine asked me this a few months ago and I tried to list them all off the top of my head. Pretty sure I missed a few but that time but I'll give it another go...

BOS, JFK, EWR, LGA, PHL, RIC, CLT, MEM, CAE, ATL, GSP, CHS, HSV, TPA, JAX, FLL, MCO, DFW, AUS, SAT, IAH, MSP, ORD, IND, CVG, EVV, LAX, SFO, PDX, SEA, ABQ, LAS, PHX, LHR, CDG, BCN, AMS, HEL, GVA, ATH, JTR, FCO, NRT, SLC, DEN, LJU, PIT...
Old May 15, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
.........but never been to the city?

When i saw the thread title I immediately thought ......been to the airport but never the city..........

I've been through ORD 20+ times but always connected onwards, have been outside then terminals only on the train linking them.

Must put that right one day..............
Old May 15, 2013, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I know I participated in one of the old threads, but here goes. I always tend to do this geographically as opposed to chronologically:

MCI MKC STJ CMI ITH KOA OGG HNL LIH SEA GEG YYC SFO SAC OAK SJC LAX SAN SNA LAS RNO PHX ABQ DRO DEN SLC SAT IAH DFW DAL CRP TUL OKC STL MSP DLH MSY ORD MDW IND CVG MEM LAN DTW BNA CLE PIT PHL MYR CLT ATL PNS TPA MCO FLL PBI MIA BWI DCA IAD JFK EWR LGA SYR ROC BOS PVD YYZ YUL BTV PVR CUN BZE SPR SJU EIS BDA DUB LGW BHX LHR EDI GLA BRU CWL CDG CPH NCE FRA MUC VIE FCO MAD SVQ MXP SVO CAI LXR ASW ABS HKG KTM DEL NRT SHA PVG PEK

Might be missing one or two. Only counted airports from where I took a trip to somewhere else (e.g., didn't just visit it or take a short sightseeing flight).

107 total
71 U.S.

Biggest U.S. I've never set foot in: probably PDX. When I think of American cities I've never visited, Portland is the one that comes to mind. JAX would be a close second...

Canadian airport I'm surprised I've never visited: YVR. Two trips to Vancouver were both done in a period where the fastest way from MCI to YVR was nonstop to Seattle and then a rental car. (That may still be true.)

Big European hub airport I'm surprised I've never set foot in: AMS. Never been a Skyteam guy...visited Amsterdam a couple times via train.

Biggest Asian one I've never set foot in: probably SIN as far as *A hubs go...
Old May 15, 2013, 3:10 pm
Suspended

The OP did not have an original thought here.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
International: LHR, CDG, MUC, BRU, FCO, ATH

Canada: YYZ, YYJ

Domestic US: DIA (Old DEN), ORD, TUL, SEA, BFI, LAX, ANC, DCA, ATL, SMF, PHX, JFK, ABQ

http://my.flightmemory.com/cubsfanjohn

Hopefully the list will grow soon.

For exact flights see my FlightMemory Page.

Last edited by CubsFanJohn; May 15, 2013 at 10:47 pm Reason: forgot ABQ
Old May 16, 2013, 2:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
All time would be way too hard to remember/list out.

Since Jan. '12. as best I remember: 55J, MMU, LGA, YUL, LHR, ORY, CDG, BKK, SYD, HTI, DEL, KTM, VNS, CGK, SIN, HKG, USM, PNH, VTE, HND, NRT, SFO, JFK, ICN, KIX, HKT, ZRH, EWR, AMS, NCE, VIE, BUD, MUC, BEG, DOH, GYD, TBS, IST, CAI, BCN, GRU, EZE, SCL, CMH, ORD, LAX, BOG, CTG, MIA, MEL, OOL, RGN, SLC, DEN, PHX, FRA, BRU, DPS, DME, IAH, MNL, KLO, CEB

63 airports

The remainder of the trip I am on at the moment will take me CEB-ICN-HKG-BKK-KUL, USM-BKK-PNH-BKK-DAC-CCU-BOM-GOI-MAA-CMB-MLE-IST-CDG-FRA-CDG-YUL-EWR, so I suppose there will be 8 more to tack on shortly.

Last edited by GetSetJetSet; May 16, 2013 at 3:09 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.