Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What hotel chains offer evening dinner or snack?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

I am curious what hotel chains in the US offer some type of manager's reception, evening snack or something similar.
So far I know of Embassy Suites, and Drury Inn. Staybridge Suites has a snack on T, W, and Th. Are there others?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta SILVER Medallion; Alaska Mileage Plan; HiltonHHonors GOLD; Starwoods GOLD

Home wood Suites offers a complimentary supper.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:53 pm

I was visiting Greensboro, NC a few months ago. After I got out of the airport, I saw a hotel next to the interstate that advertised rooms that came with free meals 24 hours a day for $69(?) per night. Does anybody know what that hotel is called?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
(Some of the) Residence Inn (by Marriott) that we've stayed in often a light supper/snack in the form of a manager's reception on weekday evenings (some for midweeks only)

LaQuinta Hotels (at least the ones that we've stayed at up north of the border in Canada for leisure) also have midweek happy hours consisting of appetizers.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by jetguy727
Home wood Suites offers a complimentary supper.
I believe that's Monday thru Thursday.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:29 pm

Embassy Suites has it too.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 1:36 am

The beautiful Le Papillon Hotel in New Orleans serves lovely 10pm peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, milk and hot chocolate in their gorgeous lobby.

Read about the tradition here-> http://www.lepavillon.com/tradition.htm
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Kimpton's usually have a wine reception in the early evening.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK all Residence Inns do this Monday through Wednesday or Thursday.

Within SPG, the same is true for elements properties.

In Hyatt, some but not all Andaz properties do an upscale evening happy hour reception, some with appetizers, typically every day if it is offered. Hyatt House may do something as an extended stay brand.

If one has lounge access, there should be evening snacks, possibly with free drinks especially outside of North America, on evenings the lounge is open. Many elites are guaranteed lounge access on any stay that isn't a third party booking. YMMV depending on the chain's rules.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Clarion Collection hotels in Scandinavia often have an included evening meal in addition to the complimentary breakfast.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Platinum, HP Diamond
Hyatt house offers a light snack and salad bar. Though sometimes dog food is a better alternative.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Note that *all* of the lower-to-midrange suburban U.S. brands listed in this thread will have a...umm, how should I say this?...wide variance in the quality of their evening snacks.

I've stayed at Embassies that did a decent job of managing their always-frenetic manager's receptions, providing hot items at a rate of throughput that matches the horde of locusts devouring them. I've stayed at others that just put pretzels and popcorn out and get out of the way.

Residence Inns are a little more sane but we're still talking about ballpark-quality snacks at best. I've also stayed at a lot of RI's where they cancel the evening receptions due to low occupancy. For example, they may cancel them several weekdays before or after any kind of holiday.

I probably wouldn't select my hotel based on the reception...unless you happen upon one that really does it well. Kimpton could be an example of this, although theirs are a very light snack and wine - certainly not dinner.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Four Points Bangkok did an evening buffet when I was there, It was held during Happy Hour. May have changed by now though.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks- oftentimes if we eat out for lunch I don't need a meal in the evening but the kids need a snack so they don't care about the quality. This list is very helpful.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Note that *all* of the lower-to-midrange suburban U.S. brands listed in this thread will have a...umm, how should I say this?...wide variance in the quality of their evening snacks.
Very true.

The Homewood Suites in Bozeman is top-notch; the Homewood Suites in Jackson, not so much. Aside from the standardized colors and employee uniforms, it can be hard to believe--based solely on their food offerings---that they are the same branded hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.