Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

SFO-MAA Atlantic vs Pacific routing

Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Planning to fly to MAA from SFO in June/July. Main criteria for considering Atlantic flight is equal split of travel time between US and Europe , Europe to MAA. Have flown CX, SQ, EK in the past. All of them are good in someway or the other. Have heard Economy service/entertainment/food are not good in Lufthansa and British. True?? My 10 and 6 year olds absolutely need decent entertainment system. SQ and EK score big on this. Plus SQ is extremely kid-friendly.
Also, if anyone has tried Cathay Pacific Premium Economy from SFO pls advise. Is the Premium Economy comfort/configuration different between 747 and 777 on CX?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

LH is horrible on the ground and on the air on FRA-MAA-FRA.I have done this route to MAA both ways east and west and will only take LH if it is free. And even then I won't like it.

The only negative about CX is arriving MAA 1:40am or departing 3AM. Also, it doesn't always earn miles on AA if that matters.

Can't go wrong with SQ. only negative is 8 or 17 hour layover in SIN going to MAA. On the way back it can be just 3 hrs.

I used to always go SFO to India or other SE Asia by flying UA to SIN connecting to SQ or 9W the following morning...breaking jetlag at transit hotel on SIN. Since Smisek has trashed Mileage Plus I now give all the money to SQ.

Please avoid LH like the plague.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your insight on LH. I figured that would be the case considering European uptightness. Asian airlines by far offer the best customer service esp for those traveling to the sub-continent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.