Just in time for Holidays - Most Stressful Airports

Subscribe
Woo Hoo

Home town airport makes top of list

Glad I never fly through O'Hare. Departures and Arrivals only.

http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/americ...l-airport.html
Just counted. I've used 11 of the 16. My choices for 1 and 2.

Boston Logan

LAX
Anywhere they force you to ride a bus between terminals is stress-inducing for me.
No one thinks that the most stressful are also the busiest and the largest which would naturally mean that there is some distance between gates!
Quote: Woo Hoo

2 of my hometown airports make the list

I don't find LGA very stressful, but it might to someone unfamiliar with it. It usually takes me 10 minutes to get through security and 5 minutes to exit the airport from the gate.
CLT ahead of PHL and MCO? Surprised. Considering it really is an easy airport and no lines of screaming kids!
Not really surprised at all here. Probably could have guessed the top 5 although PHL and IAH could have been up there too. I really dislike IAH nothing against it.

I don't understand how DFW is #6 on the list but is also listed as the most hassle free...
Just in time for Holidays - Most Stressful Airports
9/16 for me. I'd probably have IAD much higher than IAH.
Did you all read the criteria for this "study"?

Poor Wi-Fi coverage (19 percent)

Give me a break. What's next, lack of Starbucks locations?
Lack of Starbucks is a serious problem!
This is kind of stupid because it doesn't take into account that the airport experience can be vastly different within a single airport between the different terminals. LAX or JFK come to mind.

But really, all of these 'Most ___ Airport' lists are just lists of the largest airports in the US in different orders...
Lagos. Or Kinshasha. Doha at rush hour can be bad, but the aforementioned are in a league of their own.

US airports? None would even make the footnotes of a list with the "most stressful" airports.
FRA, unless you have 6 hours for connection.
I'd put LHR & LAX for my top two with O'Hare as number 3.

BTW I've used 4/16 (ORD, LAX, JFK, ATL)
Quote: Woo Hoo

Definitely O'Hare. I quite like the terminals (apart from the fact that you have to show ID to order a drink regardless of age, and have to eat steak with a plastic knife), and the lines for check-in and for security are rarely bad. Immigration is a total nightmare, however. I was there last Saturday, and for most of my wait, the line for non-connecting visitors, where I waited, was served by one (1) officer. The much longer line for connecting visitors looked like it had two. Even the lines for US citizen went a long way down the corridor. Completely unacceptable in any country. I'm flying through again in two weeks and I'm already stressed over the thought of missing my connection.