Wiki Posts
Search

Karma Strikes DYKWIA Immediately After Hotel Check-In

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Karma Strikes DYKWIA Immediately After Hotel Check-In

This has to be a record in karma making things right.

I was waiting to check in at the Kempinski Vier Jahreszeiten when a DYKWIA (accompanied by Frau DYKWIA) walked in front of the line (there were several people waiting patiently) and just went to the next available person at the front desk.

He then had to get some papers out of his roll aboard, so he put it down on the floor, opened it, and eventually found his papers.

A few minutes later, key in hand, he simply picked up the handle of the roll aboard and clothing went flying everywhere.

I was unable to contain myself at that point.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:43 pm

Poetic justice.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Perfect locaton for some schadenfreude
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
awesomeness
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Excellent! Love when karma comes around instantly.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:00 pm

and you didn't use your phone to make a video?

I guess it's out of the question to ask Vier Jahreszeiten to share their surveillance video at the front desk?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Is it wrong that I am snickering? It's wrong, isn't it?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Last week I was in London and stayed at my favorite hotel 41. While I might not be so frequent I have been staying there for years and they are really good at remembering things and treating you quite well. While waiting to check-in a total DYKWIA son of a motherless goat cuts in front of me and slams his card and passport on the desk while barking his name at the woman.
The woman smiled and said, "Yes Mr. DYKWIA I remember you from your previous visits. But for now you are behind this nice couple that just won our complimentary SPA package"
Complimentary Massage, why yes please. And they know I like extra pillows and towels without having to ask. Worth the money.

Edit: Bonus as he was a Sox fan and my lady was wearing a yanks cap.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Satisfying story, thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Last week I was in London and stayed at my favorite hotel 41. While I might not be so frequent I have been staying there for years and they are really good at remembering things and treating you quite well. While waiting to check-in a total DYKWIA son of a motherless goat cuts in front of me and slams his card and passport on the desk while barking his name at the woman.
The woman smiled and said, "Yes Mr. DYKWIA I remember you from your previous visits. But for now you are behind this nice couple that just won our complimentary SPA package"
Complimentary Massage, why yes please. And they know I like extra pillows and towels without having to ask. Worth the money.

Wonderful story!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yoshi212

Nice story! But go Sox (not this year though)
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
It sounds like his sox flew pretty well.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Red Sox not the White Sox just to clarify.

Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:49 pm

I prefer the White Sox!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.