Search

Donate unused Hotel Soaps and Sundries

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by waldojj
I travel a lot (like the rest of you) and recently started saving all my unused hotel soaps, shampoos, conditioners, mouthwash, and bath gel. I gather these things at each stop and place them in a gallon size ziploc. At the end of the trip I donate them to my local food bank or women's shelter. They are so thankful of the donation and I have been told it is one of the most popular items at the food bank and shelter.

Instead of leaving them behind, consider keeping them and donating them, I know your community would appreciate it. :-:
Nice way to make a difference in peoples lives. ^

My parents' church periodically hosts homeless families for a week or weekend, so I give them my collection for use at those times.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:18 pm

I also have a little basket in my guest bathroom where I put unused hotel soaps, shampoos, conditioners, mouthwash etc. in case an overnight guest forgets theirs.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:21 pm

I have been donating the amenities to a shelter for years. I also bring the four cup coffee bags home for my son who has a four cup coffee machine.

I bring any stuff I have opened home and use it in the kids bathrooms. I prefer not to throw away the remnants.

I figure if it is there for me to use during my stay then it is mine to use as, and when, I see fit.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so you also take salt and pepper shakers and napkins from restaurants? they are put out for your personal use. most restaurants no longer put out decent ones because they disappear.

it is amazing how all these thoughtful people would rather donate items that others pay for, rather than donating out of their own pocket. if the soaps please and are in such demand, go buy them out of pocket and donate them.

yes, we donate, but we do not take without permission to do so.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:35 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Please follow this topic in the existing thread in our FlyerTalk cares forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyer...r-travels.html

Thanks! /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.