Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is the purpose of the heat lamp in the bathroom?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the purpose of the heat lamp in the bathroom?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA/AA/UA
Originally Posted by cordelli

The purpose, get this, is to heat you up.
LOL
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by printingray
I haven't seen those heat lamps in places other than older hotels. If you are looking for something warm after a shower then consider a heated towel rack. Otherwise just open the furnaace vent a bit more.

I really like the effect of a heat lamp vs. a towel rack, underfloor heating or a heater fan. I'm going to look around and see if anyone is marketing things that are not circa-1980s in style and if I come up with anything I'll report back.
The thing I like about the heat lamp is that if you are cold it heats you faster than warm air would.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Jazzop
Although I can't imagine any self-respecting Finn on holiday, no matter how desperate for a sauna, sitting forlornly on the closed lid of a toilet under a red light bulb.
But perhaps a drunk Finn!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I always find that the bathroom is plenty hot after a single shower. I'm always opening the door and trying to get cool air in. Usually I go dry off somewhere else in the hotel room because the bathroom is too hot. Then, once it cools down, I go in there and shave, brush teeth, etc.

So I've never used it. I always assumed it was installed because the Finns really do control everything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.