FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Priority Pass - Now 20%discount! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1314815-priority-pass-now-20-discount.html)

Saturne-79 Feb 16, 2012 3:38 am

Priority Pass - Now 20%discount!

From the link below

http://www.prioritypass.com/mlfreddie12.cfm/

Altoid Feb 16, 2012 11:11 am

I've been considering priority pass. This price break helps. I don't have much loyality to any airline since I don't fly enough to collect status.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but do I need to be flying the airline whose lounge I'm using or will any valid boarding pass from that day work?

DjRashonal Feb 16, 2012 11:20 am

I second that question, as I'm pretty much in the same boat as Altoid

dw Feb 16, 2012 11:50 am

No, you do not have to be travelling with the airline that runs the lounge.

From the PP site:

Airport VIP lounge access regardless of class of ticket or airline you are traveling with

TheBOSman Feb 16, 2012 11:50 am

No. Priority Pass is separate from the airline completely. I have Priority Pass Select through AMEX Platinum. As long as you can access the location of the lounge with whatever ticket you have, you're in. I.e. if you are flying AA out of Terminal 4 at LAX, you can't use the United Club in another terminal since you cannot pass security. However, at, say, BDL, where you can access the US Airways club, and nearly all gates are in one terminal, you don't need a US Airways ticket for access.

scubadiver Feb 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Altoid (Post 18027858)
I've been considering priority pass. This price break helps. I don't have much loyality to any airline since I don't fly enough to collect status.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but do I need to be flying the airline whose lounge I'm using or will any valid boarding pass from that day work?

You don't need to show a BP with Priority Pass. I joined PP early on. My lady and I both had road jobs, and neither had status. That said, PP lounge coverage in the USA is spotty. Overseas, much better. IAD-HNL-Guam-Truk there was always a lounge near my gate. IAD-Istanbul, no luck at all.

If you can predict your travel, you can search the PP web site for lounges without being a member. Then decide if you can use it.

If you fly odd routes, a 12-hour layover on a leather couch instead of a plastic chair will pay for PP in one go. If like me, you fly to the back of beyond, a clean restroom in a 3rd-world airport is a luxury without price.

Altoid Feb 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'm now very tempted. I'm now trying to figure out if this would cost effective.

Need to look at my future travels.

blittin Feb 16, 2012 11:45 pm

totally worth it - especially in asia

can't agree more with the "clean bathroom" comment - priceless!!

Middle_Seat Feb 17, 2012 7:17 am

Unloved Android App

The Priority Pass app for Android has recently received some of the worst reviews I've seen.

The list of reviews on the Android Marketplace, most recent first, reads:
  • Always crash
  • Rubbish
  • Totally unusable
  • Force(s) close every time
  • Force close
  • Works great on my Sensation
  • Problems with galaxy tab
  • Only slightly worst than priority pass
  • Useless without connection
and so on

Weird!

Altoid Feb 17, 2012 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat (Post 18033003)
The Priority Pass app for Android has recently received some of the worst reviews I've seen.

The list of reviews on the Android Marketplace, most recent first, reads:
  • Always crash
  • Rubbish
  • Totally unusable
  • Force(s) close every time
  • Force close
  • Works great on my Sensation
  • Problems with galaxy tab
  • Only slightly worst than priority pass
  • Useless without connection
and so on

Weird!

Can anyone comment on the iPhone app? I mean I guess if worst comes to worst I really only need to find out where the lounges are, and I can do that from Safari or from home before my trip. Are there really any other benefits to the apps?

I kind of like the feature where it says you can use gps to find the nearest lounge. How does that work overseas can you use just the normal gps built into the iPhone rather then the 3g assisted GPS which uses data?

Jenbel Feb 17, 2012 10:37 am

I like the iPhone App, but it does always scold me for not having updated the list (and that's something you don't want to do without wifi). Not had any problems with it crashing or closing.

Because I have it, I tend to not bother checking in advance where the lounges are, but only do it when I get to the airport :o

ladyfirst Feb 17, 2012 11:05 am

I don't care how good Priority Pass' app is but the amount of lounges it opens is awesome!

Airportgirl Feb 22, 2012 10:26 am

Priority Pass - Now 20%discount! Correct link

The correct link to get the 20% discount for any of the 3 levels of Priority Pass membership is:

www.prioritypass.com/mlfreddie12

Without the cfm at the end.[/QUOTE]

Insiderdude Feb 23, 2012 1:30 am

How do guests work? For example it says $27 per guest but what about taking in my wife? From what I gather it depends on the lounge ... some charge you for a SO but others normally won't. What has been everyone's experience? Applicable to the Prestige or Standard+ memberships, of course.

ft101 Feb 23, 2012 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Airportgirl (Post 18062363)
The correct link to get the 20% discount for any of the 3 levels of Priority Pass membership is:

www.prioritypass.com/mlfreddie12

Without the cfm at the end.

The first link takes you to the same place. The site automatically adds the cfm to your one.