Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Retired FF looking for some up to date info

Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:10 am
Original Poster

I was Northwest Platinum for many years (remember them?) but have sadly gotten older and no longer fly. We're planning a vacation to Italy from Indianapolis and our choices to Rome are US, AA, CO, UA at about equivalent fares for coach. I haven't looked at specific equipment used but wondered if there are any general thoughts on how the airlines compare in service to Europe these days?

I'm still silver on Delta, but strangely their fares are about $300 higher. Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The service is, roughly speaking, comparable. On AA you'll get free beer and wine based on their recent announcement while UA and US don't offer that. UA does offer EconomyPlus seating so if you're willing to pay the up-charge (probably ~$100-150 each way on the TATL segments) you can get more legroom as part of the deal.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
You didn't mention any of the European airlines but I would just put my two cents in and say we had a very poor experience in coach on Alitalia between Rome and LAX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.