Most Embarrassing travel moment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Embarrassing travel moment?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel ŕ PUCCI GALORE
Worst/most embarrassing thing you have done on a plane...

Given the BA board has more than its fair share of 'experience' I challenge you all to enlighten me. Imagine it's a kind of confession. All will be forgiven
Old May 15, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by badoc
Given the BA board has more than its fair share of 'experience' I challenge you all to enlighten me. Imagine it's a kind of confession. All will be forgiven
I think as the starter of this thread...you should post your "experience"...once, we the board have read it, we will decide how many Hail Mary's you need to say.

Then we can open up the confession box to the rest of the board.

Old May 15, 2011, 1:00 pm

Travelled in WT
Old May 15, 2011, 1:00 pm

I'm afraid I would have to be very drunk to answer that one, in writing, on a totally public forum! Very drunk not likely to happen any time soon I'm afraid.

Last edited by ColdWalker; May 15, 2011 at 1:02 pm Reason: Spelling, yet again
Old May 15, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
1 - Dropped a full drawer of glasses on the floor in the cabin on a BRU in Club... All smashed...

2 - Thought I had latched the door of the canape trolly properly on a DME when I was working at the front of a 767... As we rotated and took off, the door flew open, followed by tray after tray after tray of canapes... All rolling down the aisle...

3 - Slipped on a plastic magazine cover that Mr. 1C had left on the floor whilst carrying the basket of scones for afternoon tea... Result being "it's raining scones" over rows 1 to 4...
Old May 15, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

3 - Slipped on a plastic magazine cover that Mr. 1C had left on the floor whilst carrying the basket of scones for afternoon tea... Result being "it's raining scones" over rows 1 to 4...
At least it wasnt raining tea!
Old May 15, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ardboe
At least it wasnt raining tea!
Shame it wasn't raining men

My most embarrassing moment? Fighting for a good minute or so to get through the divider at the front of a 747's Y cabin after a walkaround from F.

Probably didn't help that I had F PJs on, was clutching a glass of champagne in one hand, and a canape plate in the other
Old May 15, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Probably didn't help that I had F PJs on, was clutching a glass of champagne in one hand, and a canape plate in the other
Classic ^
Old May 15, 2011, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
True story...

On a flight from LHR to HKG in CW about 10 years ago, I got up in the middle of the night and needed a pee. All CW toilets were occupied so I walked back to WT (I think this was before the days of WT+) and went to the first empty toilet. I opened the door to find a little old lady (who had forgotten to lock the door) sitting on the toilet and at the precise moment I opened the door she, ahem, very loudly evacuated her bowels.

It was so weird and disgusting I just had to leave. I waited for a CW toilet to free up, had a couple of whiskys and went back to sleep.

LE
Old May 15, 2011, 1:12 pm

I frequently bang my head on the overhead lockers when standing up, those Embraers are small! Nothing more embarrassing than that, unless the sheer level of embarrassment caused has made me block the incident completely.

My husband would say the worst thing I ever did was hand into the cabin crew the Ł80 I found on the floor next to my Y seat (on a VS flight). He thought I should have kept it! As we were on our honeymoon, he'd obviously decided now he was married he didn't need to pretend to have morals any more. We found out later it had come from the duty free trolley (the CC in charge of the trolley came back down the aisle with a torch, looking for it) and got a glass of champagne for our troubles.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I confess to having travelled, on many occasions, in a CW seat whilst only paying a WT+ fare. However, the guilty feeling disappears quite quickly after the pre-departure fizz
Old May 15, 2011, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
True story...

On a flight from LHR to HKG in CW about 10 years ago, I got up in the middle of the night and needed a pee. All CW toilets were occupied so I walked back to WT (I think this was before the days of WT+) and went to the first empty toilet. I opened the door to find a little old lady (who had forgotten to lock the door) sitting on the toilet and at the precise moment I opened the door she, ahem, very loudly evacuated her bowels.

It was so weird and disgusting I just had to leave. I waited for a CW toilet to free up, had a couple of whiskys and went back to sleep.

LE
This made me laugh sooo hard. Thanks.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
During a BA flight to EDI a couple of years ago, we hit a really nasty patch of turbulence somewhere over Newcastle. I was travelling with a friend who wasn't a frequent flyer and i could tell that so far she had been impressed by the Terraces Lounge at LGW and the fact that we were sitting in emergency exit row seats, hence the extra leg room.

The aircraft seemed to be buffetted from side to side, up and down and i started to feel a bit queasy. Suddenly there was what felt like a big drop and i screamed so loudly that the passengers seated in the rows ahead turned around to see who was making the racket. A really nice CC member rushed down to me to see if i was ok and to reassure me, no doubt wondering at the same time how she was going to rely on me if we actually did have an emergency! I tried to convince her i was a frequent flyer, but i don't think she belived me

Not my finest moment
Old May 15, 2011, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Turned left when I had to turn right. Far right... I was sleepy. The embarrassing part was the hike back to WT. Yes, WT.
Old May 15, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold,HHilton Diamond VIP,Intercontinental Ambass,Amex
Letting a silent fart that then stunk out the entire upper deck.....kept my head down on that one until my wonderful niece shouts out 'hells bells Auntie .... That's smells like the pig farm!'

Spilling tea all over three rows of people and one cc during turbulence on a flight upto Manchester

My Husband would like to chip in his two pennies worth about a time he was boarding and told to 'follow your daughter....'. He said 'no problems but that's my wife!'

(our argument now is that wasn't at all embarrassing for him as it looks like he has a much younger wife so big ego boost, I was thinking wow! My new bat poo anti ageing cream must be really working but we do agree that the cabin crew member looked like he would like the world to open and swallow him up)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.