Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Cape Air

I'm going to have to hop a flight on Cape Air from BOS to ALB in a couple weeks. Small airline, small planes, looks like mostly Cessnas. Anyone have any experience with them? Never flown on a small plane like this as a puddle jump flight... Wondering what to expect. Thanks in advance!

- TT
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:13 pm

Small plane (C208, IIRC) that flies low and slow. No lavs, but flights aren't really long enough to warrant them.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
No experience with Cape Air but was flying 2 seaters long before I ever flew a airliner. I love them.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: Independent
I guess they are now flying one or two ATR42s, so you might end up on one of those because the BOS to ALB is their biggest route. If not, you will definitely get an interesting flight. Low, slow, although it might not feel that way at that flight level.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: NW/DL,US,UA,AA,SWA,Hilton,Wyndham
I have flown on Cape Air between STL and OWB on the Cessna 402's! They are great! Sure, they are small planes, but almost always on time, quick boarding, and no hassle. The view is much better than the airliners. There's nothing like looking out the front windshield of the plane while coming in for a landing! I'm a private pilot, so riding on these little planes doesn't bother me at all. I rather enjoy it actually.

Cape Air also has great friendly staff! They treat customers like actual human beings, which is somewhat rare in the airline business these days.

-m@
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:11 pm

Cape Air feeds into and from connections with JetBlue at Boston, right?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: All of them!
Yes, they are in Terminal C with JetBlue at BOS. ALB/BOS will use a Cessna 402. Fine airline with friendly staff!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 7:51 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
White knuckles a little bit when flying in weather. Nothing to worry as they're equipped with instruments though.

One of the most scenic Cape Air flights is between BOS and Provincetown. You fly in low over the approach to Cape Cod and can see a lot. The pax fight over who gets to sit in the co-pilot's seat in the front. There is only one pilot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.