Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-BOG-SCL <1 Hr Layover

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

IAD-BOG-SCL <1 Hr Layover

The cheapest flights from the Northeast to Santiago (per momondo.com) involves a run on Avianca from Dulles to Bogota, and then from Bogota to Santiago. However, that allows for only 55 minutes between flights (and the next one is the next day). I talked to Avianca, who said if it's online, they think you can make it. Anyone taken this flight?

AV - 287 Washington Dulles, US Bogota, CO 3:30 PM 8:55 PM
AV - 97 Bogota, CO Santiago Scl, CL 9:50 PM 5:40 AM
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Bump:

The alternative is a January connection through YYZ for an $80 premium. (Via Air Canada).

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Originally Posted by shazeltine
Bump:

The alternative is a January connection through YYZ for an $80 premium. (Via Air Canada).

Thanks!
does this route have better irrop backup?

the other goes south rather than north, may slightly up the chance for wx probs....

good luck...
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I have never connected internationally through BOG or SCL but have flown through both of them multiple times on domestic trips. BOG is a reasonably small and modern airport so it won't take much time at all to make it to your connecting gate.

Plus, what's the worst that would happen if you're stranded in BOG (assuming you don't have a deadline in SCL): The airline puts you up in a hotel and pays for meals. I really enjoy Bogota and the Zona Rosa has a lot of variety.

Last edited by IaninDC; Nov 30, 2011 at 1:40 pm
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Bogota it is.

I think going BOS-YYZ opens me up to way more weather exposure- agreed with clacko. And I'd rather be stranded in Bogota than Toronto in January- agreed with Ian. They told me they can handle it, it's on them.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.