Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus,Marriott Rewards,Priority Club,Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by CMK10
Anyone who gets on a CRJ or ERJ and says "this is the smallest plane ever!"
Until they get on a Saab 340 or a Beech 1900. Always a thrilling ride
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:29 pm

Here are some

I was on an international flight once with the In-seat PTV system. One of the passengers asked" What do I do with this system" The passenger proceeded to turn on the TV and trying to see if they could watch Fox News. So the passenger talks in a mean way to the flight attendant" Why can't I get Fox News on this plane". The flight attendant goes on to explain" This system is loaded with pre-loaded content and we can't offer the live TV option overseas.

This passenger then switches to Airshow and says"Wow a GPS on the plane". What does all this information mean?

Then the same passenger tries the audio CD and can't find the one stated in the inflight entertainment book and says"How do I get to the CD selection". I told the passenger you need to navigate the menu to find the CD you want to listen to as well as add tracks from the CD or other CDs to compile a playlist.

It was so fun hearing this passenger who claims he travels a lot over the year overseas on premium carriers with Inflight Entertainment. I laughed.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by kingbear
Because there's no one in the aisle or window in her row and I guess she doesn't realize she can simply move over!
Why would she want to? More elbow room in the middle seat and an unoccupied middle seat in the row ahead won't suddenly recline mid-flight.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Got questions after a refusal.. talk with an FA..

They are motivated to get the flight moving.. and will accomodate reasonable measures..
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by CMK10
Anyone who gets on a CRJ or ERJ and says "this is the smallest plane ever!"
+1

One time when I was on a Dash 8, another "frequent flyer" and I were engaged in a conversation about airplanes. I asked him how often he flew on prop aircraft.

"What’s prop aircraft?"
"You’re sitting in one."
"I thought they called it a jet aircraft?"

A few hundred of my brain cells did not make it right then and there.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:15 am

Programs: Fallen UA Premier Silver and one-time 1K, AA EXP, DL steerage
Originally Posted by aslanlab
Also TSA.

Once in TSA line and lady in front of me has a stroller. Needs to get a few last things out and tells me to go ahead. I put my stuff on the belt walk to the scanner. Agent tells me that I can't just break in line. I explain that she told me she had to get something out of her stroller and told me to go ahead. She told me that she didn't care what the woman said. I simply said, "My bad, I was just trying to be efficient."

Her response was priceless. In a very loud voice she says, "Sir, being efficient is not one of the goals of the TSA!" Dude behind me said, "NO SH!T"

Whole place erupted in laughter.
This one's my favorite.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by LarryJ
Why would she want to? More elbow room in the middle seat and an unoccupied middle seat in the row ahead won't suddenly recline mid-flight.
I also sit in the middle seat in that situation. Unless I kick off my shous, put my feet on a newspaper, and occupy all three seats with my back against the wall.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Overheard on flights from SYD to LAX

This is no joke but heard on two of my Pacific flights in the past year:

1. Two American girls who had just vacationed in Sydney. "I was going to buy all my friends a calendar with Australian animals but realized that Australia is a day a head of us. Had to take them all back and buy magnets instead."

2. An American passenger to the Aussie flight attendent. "Can you see the date line when we cross over? Does the captain make an announcement? I don't want to miss it."

All true.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
On an all-economy Condor flight from DUS to somewhere in Egypt about three years ago we were in row 2 of a 757. The tackily made-up mid-40s woman in row 1 (ie bulkhead) has her fake white LV purse under her seat. I ask her to move it as that was where my feet were going to go. She said 'no', as she had been told by the FA to put it under the seat. I said "under the seat in front of you." She replied that she didn't have a seat in front of her, so this was the next best thing. So I took the purse and put it in her lap. The FA laughed!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nelsoninbangkok

1. Two American girls who had just vacationed in Sydney. "I was going to buy all my friends a calendar with Australian animals but realized that Australia is a day a head of us. Had to take them all back and buy magnets instead."

2. An American passenger to the Aussie flight attendent. "Can you see the date line when we cross over? Does the captain make an announcement? I don't want to miss it."

All true.
Good point..

imo there should be international standards for all calendars..
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by nelsoninbangkok

All true.
If only they'd visited Samoa instead of Australia they all would have been ok.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I always get a laugh when boarding an RJ and the roller bags get pink tagged. On almost every flight there is at least one clueless passenger who says "but it fit in the overhead on my flight coming in from (mainline)"
That would be similar to the kettle I had to travel with this weekend, and the, "But my bag fit as a carry-on on my flight here. Why do I now have to check it?" except in her case, she had to check it because it was now overflowing with things she picked up on her trip and wouldn't compress at all.
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
I could go on & on about comments I read from Facebook friends about Delta, but this recent is a favorite: Friend was ranting about DL for mis-directing her checked bag when it contained IMPORTANT work papers, GIFTS for the kids and...wait for it...her CAR KEYS inside! She considered it an EPIC FAIL & was sending an e-mail to DL to tell them she can't wait for Southwest to get to ATL so she can jump ship.
This happened to one of Mr. Kipper's coworkers, in that he packed his car keys in his checked bag, and the airline lost said bag.

I traveled this weekend with a kettle, who has not flown since before 2001. There were many moment this weekend that had me shaking my head. We arrive at DFW, and we have to print our boarding passes since we weren't able to print them out at the hotel. While there, the agent makes her check her carry-on that's now ready to pop open. The agent prints her boarding passes for her.

We're waiting in line to go through security at DFW yesterday, and I have my laptop out, my shoes ready to be removed, my liquids out, my boarding pass and ID ready to go. I get through the ID/boarding pass check, and start getting my stuff into bins. She calls to me, "Why won't he let me through without my boarding pass?" This is less than 10 minutes after she received them. She left the line to have them reprinted, and I figured I'd just meet her after security.

When she does get back to security, I see that she's being subjected to a pat-down and that TSA is pawing through her bag. Turns out that she didn't pull her liquids out of the bag and didn't realize that "liquids" applied to her huge tube of face wash. She said, "I didn't realize that face wash was liquid. I don't understand. It's just face wash."

Once she's through security, she asks me, "Where will we pick up our luggage in ORD? Will it be planeside?" ORD was not our final destination.

We arrive in ORD, and we're not even off out of the seating area at the gate before she asks, "How far do we have to walk to our next flight?" Um, well, first, we have to find out where our gate is, and that requires me to check the monitors over there, since I didn't check online after landing.

Next year, I'm having a discussion about travel with the kettle that goes with me BEFORE we leave.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
US Airways has various NFL team colors/logos on their special liveries. One day the plane painted up for the PHX Cardinals (or maybe they are Arizona Cardinals?) was boarding to take us to Las Vegas. One woman refused to board, shouting that she damned well wasn't going to get on a plane that was going to take her to Phoenix when she paid for a ticket to Vegas!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:23 pm

i was on three crappy delta flights. With mistakes that were just irritating and no longer worth the fare. i never proclaimed, "i'm never flying them again." but i did say that to myself. and i haven't flown them for 10 years. Delta truly sucks at everything they attempt to do. if you have status, then you have it a little better. but they really have zero interest in you and your convenience.

I am always amazed at the FT community that gives delta a pass.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trapezeus
i was on three crappy delta flights. With mistakes that were just irritating and no longer worth the fare. i never proclaimed, "i'm never flying them again." but i did say that to myself. and i haven't flown them for 10 years. Delta truly sucks at everything they attempt to do. if you have status, then you have it a little better. but they really have zero interest in you and your convenience.

I am always amazed at the FT community that gives delta a pass.
I'm with you on the 'silent proclamation'. I get weather delays. I get mechanical issues. I don't like them, but I accept them. I do not accept being lied to by an airline. So in over 10 years I haven't flown with a particular well known carrier (after flying with them almost exclusively for some time), because I can choose not to (even though, on occasion, it has been more expensive to avoid them than fly them). I won't say 'never again', but where possible I will not fly with them again (only airline to fly to a specific location would be the exception I guess, luckily never been an issue). Another airline, I took one terrible flight with, and have just had one of those 'yeh, maybe not' feelings about booking future flights with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.