favorite dumb pax comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
According to a friend of mine, they're changing all airport codes so they'll be accurate to more than one city that the airport serves. Kind of like RDU but for every airport in the country
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:58 am

Someone should let IATA know about this. LOL!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, SPG Plat 100, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
call to customer service
"I'm checking on my flight for later today -- I'm not showing on the upgrade list"
"Ma'am, you aren't checked in for your flight."

Oh. That was me, this morning.
Coffee? Anyone have coffee?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I have a good one.

I know a girl who flies maybe once a year or so. A couple of years ago she was taking her first trip overseas from the US to Europe then connecting to Tunisia. I was talking to her about the trip and she told me she a bit nervous about flying that far. I reassured it's okay, just a long flight, and maybe a little advice about making connections too. She said no, I'm nervous about getting sea sick because of flying over the sea...

Me: Uhrmm!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
This week SFO-EWR the guy behind me explained to the woman with him that "they always serve the drinks as soon as possible to get rid of all the extra weight of the soda & water - saves fuel."

Oy.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
once on a UA flight, during the pre-flight safety video, the lady next to me felt the need to tell me "you know, those people on that video are actors, and they get paid residuals for every time that video is shown".

Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by greenskin
This week SFO-EWR the guy behind me explained to the woman with him that "they always serve the drinks as soon as possible to get rid of all the extra weight of the soda & water - saves fuel."

Oy.
Bada bing! That is a great one. And welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
My friend said to me....."why would you want to travel business? Economy is just as good"

Eeeek!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:23 pm

One things that bugs me is no so much comment but behaviour. Every now and then, I encounter flyers who scream or act a little hysterical when the plane hit a little turbulence. I don't know if I should be irritated or sympathetic (if they are a nervous flyers).

As for dumb comment, this might have already been mention on this thread, but I hate it whenever I hear pax commenting how the pilots are redundant as modern planes "fly themselves with the autopilot". Nope, sorry, autopilot is only as good as the pilot who input the waypoints into the FMS (Flight Management System). The autopilot will fly straight into a mountain if no one is there to monitor whether the waypoints were entered correctly. Nor can autopilot respond to unexpected emergencies. The pilot is there to do that job. The autopilot is only to act as an assistance to the pilot, not to replace him. To relieve him from manipulating the flight controls (which can become tiring for long periods) while he checks the other systems of the plane. It does not mean the pilot can just sit back and ignore the progress of the flight. He has to constantly monitor (and correct if necessary) the autopilot.

Last edited by WindowSeat123; Nov 20, 2013 at 8:02 pm
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
My friend said to me....."why would you want to travel business? Economy is just as good"

Eeeek!!!!!!!!
+1! I get that from people all the time, tho usually its first vs coach as i do more domestic. What can i say? i like the hot towel and leg room
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
I boarded a flight last night, from JFK to LAX, and as soon as my seatmate sat down, she asked, "is this train going uptown?"
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Sitting in my seat waiting to leave from PVG - ORD. I'm in the exit row, so the flight attendant is standing in space in front of the row watching people board. This guy comes by and tells her that he'd love to move up to first or business class if there are any open seats. I smile and say to her that I'm a 1K trying to use a GPU and I was still #8 on the list. She asks him if he has any status to which he replied - no, I'm back in 44D.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Annalisa12

Eeeek!!!!!!!!
Well that's about right on most intra-Europe flights .
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dj506
Sitting in my seat waiting to leave from PVG - ORD. I'm in the exit row, so the flight attendant is standing in space in front of the row watching people board. This guy comes by and tells her that he'd love to move up to first or business class if there are any open seats. I smile and say to her that I'm a 1K trying to use a GPU and I was still #8 on the list. She asks him if he has any status to which he replied - no, I'm back in 44D.
Did you get upgraded?

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. At the end of the day, with a party, I'd rather sit back of the bus together than upfront all seperated.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by adrouault
I boarded a flight last night, from JFK to LAX, and as soon as my seatmate sat down, she asked, "is this train going uptown?"
Dumb...joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.