Reload this Page >

favorite dumb pax comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 11:08 am

Last week my mother-in-law's return flight was 20" and 4 gates away from my outbound flight. We're in the security line where there is a sign that reads, "If you were born on or before this date in 1934 you do not have to remove your shoes or coat." I turn to my MIL born in 1930 and say, "Congratulations, you do not have to remove your shoes anymore." She scrutinizes the sign and says, "But I wasn't born in 1934."
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
From my own Mother today

I mentioned I was planning to go to London over Labor Day and she remarked how expensive tickets were. When I said they were about $900 which wasn't bad, she replied with a ton of righteous indignation "well they USED to be $200!".

Yeah Mom, a lot of things used to be a lot of things. Times change.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by CMK10
From my own Mother today

I mentioned I was planning to go to London over Labor Day and she remarked how expensive tickets were. When I said they were about $900 which wasn't bad, she replied with a ton of righteous indignation "well they USED to be $200!".

Yeah Mom, a lot of things used to be a lot of things. Times change.
Aren' you glad she did not follow thru in my days we used to walk three miles to school ?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by NEWEXP1
Aren' you glad she did not follow thru in my days we used to walk three miles to school ?
Don't forget "uphill both ways".
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by hedur
And don't forget with no shoes and/or in a foot of snow
Old Jun 8, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Only we couldn't afford snow so we had to make do with musty straw
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by hedur
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Mine was uphill both ways through chest deep snow to get to one school in order to take a bus to another school. If I ever have kids, they don't get to complain.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: American AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
No shoes? Bare feet? Feet? You had feet???
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by wrp96
Mine was uphill both ways through chest deep snow to get to one school in order to take a bus to another school. If I ever have kids, they don't get to complain.
You had to catch a bus? ICK!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My poor Mom, look what she inadvertently started

Good thing she doesn't read Flyertalk!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Last week at PHX I'm walking up to the security entrance behind a couple. The couple hands the TSA officer what appears to be 2 8 x 11 pieces of paper--their flight itinerary. The TSA says "you need a boarding pass". The couple had no idea what he meant and asked "where do I get those".
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yaatri
Not about aircraft but trains.
Kettle are being slammed unfairly. The truth is its not just kettle who ask stupid questions. A friend of mine, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science graduate form an Ivy League school with an MBA from Wharton School, asked me, as the train was moving out of the station moving from one track to another, "How does the engine driver know which track to take?
was he the one who wondered why all the trees were going North on your Southbound train ?
There are no tress in a railway yard silly. He was probably too embarrassed to ask that as the train sped through the countryside.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wrp96
Good luck. in this day and age....

If you believe yourself, I have at least three bridges on special just for you. Must call before midnight ?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yaatri
There are no tress in a railway yard silly. He was probably too embarrassed to ask that as the train sped through the countryside.
One from the North, eh ?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Good luck. in this day and age....

If you believe yourself, I have at least three bridges on special just for you. Must call before midnight ?

The part about uphill both ways through chest deep snow to catch a bus is true (kindergartener in Alaska). The part about kids not complaining - yeah, I know that's a pipe dream.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.